DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
if you throw sand under or around the tires it gives the tires something to grab onto.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Sand is abrasive, snow and ice aren't. I wouldn't put any kind of salt in the back of my truck. Salt is corrosive.

·
Mopar or No Car!
218 Posts
I know a guy that put snow in his truck bed and it turned into a chunk of ice. One day he had to hit the brakes hard and the chunk slid forward and dented the front of his box out near the cab (D'oh!!) I wouldnt do the snow thing. just my .02

·
Registered
385 Posts
ice + tire = spin a ton ice + sand + tire = 10 times more traction, and truck unstuck.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You can put the sand on snow or ice, either way it will give you grip to go.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
You can put the sand on snow or ice, either way it will give you grip to go.
I've gotten many people outta jams this way

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey with that water chamber for the bed, once you fill it up in the winter, how do you move 900lbs of ice if you need to ? or however much weight you put in it. or do you just wait until it thaws again and drain it?

·
CrazeeRam 1500 4x4
47 Posts
With being in Alaska and having to deal with this for about 8-9 months out of the year, I have found sand to be your best bet. I use 6 50lb bags of sand. I got the bags from Lowes. They were $3.25 a piece. It's a cheap way to go, but by far the easiest way.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Snow is free.... You got to fill it all the way. That way next week I don't have to fill it up again. Makes it like a tank. With all that weight in the back my V10 engine can still hold OD going up hills.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
why weight the bed at all either hit the gas and enjoy the fishtail , i try to ride it as long as possible, since i don't water ski in the winter it help to feed the need .
if that isn't your style pull the lever and (baby) the TRUCK!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.