DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble with my windshield wipers on my 97 Dodge Ram.I Thought maybe their was ice built up or something because it has been so cold,but i cleaned out all the ice and snow and they started to move some but then quit.I checked the fuse and it was blown so i changed it and it blew that fuse out also.Everytime i put in a new fuse it blows it out.Could this mean the motor went bad? Thanks!

·
truckman323
466 Posts
If the fuse blows every time you turn on the wipers, you have a short. It could be the motor itself, or it could be in the wiring/connection to the motor. Before replacing the motor, trace the wiring out of the motor and see if there is exposed wire somewhere. If everything checks out OK, a new wiper motor would be the next step.

·
truckman323
466 Posts
the motor is located under the cowl grille. It's the black plastic piece between the bottom of the windshield and the hood. You will have to remove the wiper arms to get it off. It is secured with plastic retainers that just pop out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installing the windshield wiper motor

Got new windshield wiper motor.Tried to install it, but when i got done and turned them on they seem to work fine, but when you shut them off instead off going down and stopping they stop in the up position.Is their something i am doing wrong or did they give me the wrong motor? Thanks!

·
truckman323
466 Posts
Can you get them to go down when they turn off by bumping the switch, or when you turn them to off, they finish the cycle up?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Winshield wiper problems

Haven't tried bumping them to see if they go down. I could probably do that, but when i turn them off they will go right back to the up position.

·
truckman323
466 Posts
You might check all the linkages/wiper arms, make sure they are right where they were before you did the install. You also might disconnect the linkage and run the wipers once to see where the motor is ending up(I don't think there is any way to have put it back in upside down? but who knows weird stuff happens). It should be an easy fix. If all else fails I would say get the part number checked one more time just in case it is the wrong one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.