DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have an 06 Lone Star Ram. 4.7 auto, and only minor mods. The mods are inside the truck with head rest screens. 40K miles.

I was driving down the road on my way to work and my washer's wouldnt work. Thought cause of the cold, they froze. The next day I disconnect the rubber line on the pass fender and fluid trickles out. Good sign not forzen. The wife hits the washer button, and nothing. I have the extended warranty so I take it in. A few hours later they tell me its the TIPM, and has 4 faults in it. B2215, B2305, B236F, B2368. As far as I can tell none of those has anything to do with my TIPM. Any help with this would be great. I find it hard to believe that is the problem, but you never know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, well the stealership down the road from me is a waste of time. They gave me a few faults, and after looking at my Chilton's the TSB 08-021-06 talks about the TIPM and faults. Is there anyway to clear the faults? They say that they cant re-flash it, but even if they could I will never go back there. Any help or info would be great.

·
Registered
91 Posts
why can't they fix it if you have the warranty?

·
15,904 Posts
Can you hear the pump running when you hit the washer button?

If it is under warranty...the dealer should be fixing all of this. Go to another dealer if the one you are going to is a PITA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No noise at all. They gave me the fault codes and said that my TIPM was bad. I am looking up the wiring right now to see if that could even be it. My factory warranty was up 5K miles ago. The extended I got doesnt cover the TIPM!!! Yea, looks like I might have to just run new wires to a toggle...LOL Cant spend 850 plus just to get it fixed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
From what I have found out, it stands for Total Integrated Power Module. Guess all kinds of stuff goes into it. I would think the pump went out, but I am not sure how much power should go to the pump. That is why I am looking for a wiring diagram. It would put out some fluid, then it just stopped. But I want to find out how to reset the computer and see if that helps first. A fault code can stop everything, but nothing could be wrong...LOL

·
15,904 Posts
Your problem will probably not be corrected by resetting the computer. That's my guess....Unplug the harness from the pump and check the voltage with a meter. My guess is it will need very close to if not a full 12V to run.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will check that this weekend. If I do not have 12 volts, where does the power come from. I am unable to find a WD, but if I could find one I know how to read them. It is easier to trace the wires on paper than in a bundle!

Resetting the computer I would hope just to clear other faults I have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.