DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my windshield replaced today, and noticed that at the top of the windshield, there is no rubber weatherstripping or whatever it is called, but it does run down the sides of the windshield....i called the glass company and they said for about 2 years now, they haven't put it on the top of the rams, and have used it as a rain channel for some odd reason....so i am wondering if he was feeding me a line of BS, or if its true.....if someone could let me know by looking at theirs or if they know off the top of their head, i would appreciate it.....

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
idont know , but my 05 ram dont have it

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info, wanted to make sure they didn't just forget and tried to cover it up

·
Registered
168 Posts
I noticed the same thing after inspecting my XM roof antenna. The installer ran the antenna cable in the channel along the top of the windshield for a clean no-drill install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used to run a glass shop. The weatherstrip on a modern windshield is actually just a moulding. If they used a mopar windshield, the correct mouldings are delivered to them on the windshield by DC. The structural bond and the weather barrier are both achieved with the urethane bead they applied between the glass and the pinchweld of the cab.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that was definately an educated answer.....at least i know i don't need to worry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.