DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mostro900
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the lock-out on my driver's side switch kit is going haywire.

the passenger windows are getting power because their little green lights are on in their individual switches at each door, but i can only operate them ocassionally from each passenger door after clicking on and off (a bunch of times) the lock-out button.

it seems to be not releasing or something..

do any of you know where i can get a replacement switch kit for the drivers side?

i looked here:

http://www.a1electric.com/catalog/cat_switch.htm

but could not find one specifically for my '01 durango. all i want is an oem replacement.

thanks for any help!! :cool:

·
Mostro900
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i guess i kinda answered my own question by going ot Ebay. there are a bunch of switch masters for around 25 dollars.

:cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
have you tried making sure the connection is good? behind the door panel? might be worth a shot before buying a replacement.

·
Mostro900
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i pulled the unit out of the door panel, it just pulls up and off. i am not too comfortable with electronics and soldering and stuff....i know that i'm getting power to the 3 other doors, as the little green lights are on, on thier respective thumb-switches.

would it be worthwhile to pull the screws out of the one i have and look around inside it? i just have NO idea what i'm doing with this piece of electrics..but i am good with tools and fixing everything else. electric stuff just makes me nervous 'cause i don't understand it.

·
Mostro900
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ps- does anyone know if one from an '03 will work on my '01?

they look identical.

·
Mostro900
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Door panel is i think 5 screws, take em out, lift up on the door panel and out. If you just try to pry it out, it'll break the clips. Then just push in on the connectors to make sure they're in good.

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
You don't have to take the door panel off to get the switches out. At least not on my 03.

·
Mostro900
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unnamed said:
You don't have to take the door panel off to get the switches out. At least not on my 03.

yup, that's how it is on my '01, also. i just pulled up on the whole asmbly. and it came out no problem.

the two connectors are in snug. maybe i'll open the master asmbly. and see what's up in there...

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
I did that too, kind of a PITA to get open.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I have an 04 on the drivers side I need to replace. You are saying on yours you simply just pull up on it ? THanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
id pull your door panel off to male sure the master electrical connector is plugged into the master switch all the way. this same thing happened to me and right before i took it to the shop i puuled the panel off, unplugged everything and plugged it back in...no more problems. all the passenger windows go through the master switch, so if the master switch goes out so will all the other windows

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.