DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front driver's window stopped working on my 2001 D and I removed the door panel and waterdam and after trying to get my window up manually, I pulled the glass itself out of the regulator window channel. This is the piece that is held in by the two bolts that you have to lower the window to access. Is there any special way the glass gets placed back into the channel when I replace the regulator? Also, are there pictures on this forum that shows what I need to do to replace the regulator assembly. Where should I buy a new one? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
dustinb
35 Posts
when both the front window reg's went in my durango i searched around and i found that an after market auto parts store was cheaper than dodge( way cheaper). i spent about $300 for both driver's and passenger (thats right, they went at the exact same time)

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
ebay. 65 bucks after shipping. Direct replacement. as for pics. no, but its really easy. you have a total of 9 bolts. 4 on the regulator and 3 on the motor. plus the two on the window to the regulator. simply unbolt all of them and slide them out the hole. in the future if you ever need to roll the window up and down and the motor is shot, its as easy as pulling the cover off the motor and unscrewing the magnet from the motor. This will allow you to move the window up and down freely. when you have it in the desired position, simply screw the magnet back in place.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
once you have the door panel off you'll see what needs to be done. I think there's a picture walk thru. try your search function

·
Banned
400 Posts
Try www.car-parts.com. Got mine for $100.

You'll unbolt a few bolts holding the regular slider bar on to the door, 1 at the top, 1 bottom, and 3 in holding the regular motor housing n stuff on... End of the day you'll simply unbolt and loosen a few bolts, and then remove 2-3 bolts... Pull it all out and shove a block of wood or something in the inside door to keep the window from sliding allllll the way down and messng up.

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
98-00's are different then 01's and up. Let us know which you have so we can better assist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.