DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, every once and a while my driver side power window will just stop working... And it would continue not to work for around 5 mins, sometimes less... It started this about 3 months ago... now, i tryed to roll down my window and it just went a fraction of an inch and just stoped... its been like that for the last hour.

Its not frozen shut with ice or anything as I had it down like 1 min before it killed...

The passenger side window works fine, and all of my switchs still light up so I dont think its the switch...
I found the little "silver box" in the fuze compartment that operates the power windows but there is only 2 connectors so it cant only control one window.

I havent looking in the fuse box under the hood, is there some sort of relay or somthing that can be replaced in there?

Im sure its not the window motor its self because it has never struggled to get up, mad noises ect.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
83 Posts
get crank windows...lol

get a voltmeter and take the door panel off and have fun.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Replace the motor, this is what they do when going bad. There is a circuit breaker inside the motor that either goes bad or keeps tripping because the motor starts drawing too much current. After it cools, you can use the motor but then it will trip again.

·
Registered
631 Posts
it could also be a loose connection, i would start checking that first before you spend the money on a new motor

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I agree check conections but sounds like the door motor is shot sometimes when they are going bad you can bang on the door around the area the motor is and it will work again.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Kent0 has got the answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.