DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post on this board. I have puzzling question though. On my 2004 Regular Cab Ram, there are 4 switches to roll the windows up and down on the door panel?? I don't have an extended cab truck!!! So, there's just two switches sitting there doing nothing! Was this a factory screw up or does every truck come with that?

Beats the hell of out me,
Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
283 Posts
hmmm...that seems a bit odd...i have a quad cab so i couldnt tell you about the regualar cabs,but all my switches work....i guess its better off that way then a qc only coming with 2?

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Sounds like a factory screw-up

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i have a regular cab 2005 and only have 2 window switches and one door lock switch

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I would go down to the dealer and tell them that the factory forgot to put two of your windows in and see what they say! :D

On a serious note, did you buy your '04 new or used? It may not have been a factory mistake, but a "repair" of some kind with the wrong unit installed. I would talk to whomever you purchased the truck from.

·
Banned
524 Posts
LOL, HEy!! you guys forgot to put 2 doors on!! LOL

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Could it be the switches for the front and rear suspension airbag solenoids? :D

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I'd be tempted to keep the switches and find secret things to tie them too. Like A/f ratio.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Smart idea!

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you hit both of the back ones at the same time it will roll down the big back window. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha well, sounds like they screwed up. The dealer I got it from was in Holton, Kansas. They located the truck in New Richmond, Wisconson and did a dealer trade. So I know Holton didn't do anything to it. I would love to bag the truck, but it's just too much money. Poor college kid with a truck payment = not a lot of mods to the truck!

Thanks guys,
Kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought it brand new, had 15 miles on it when I picked it up from the dealership.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.