DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. Looking to buy extra set of wheels for studded tires for our '98 Durango. A truck junk yard in the next town has a set that appears to be from '00 or '01. These guys said they'll fit, but they've been wrong about things in the past with me. They are dodge 15" alloy wheels, and the bolt pattern looks correct. That doesn't mean for sure they'll clear the brake calipers or some other darn thing.

The plan is to run to the junk yard when they open at 10 tomorrow and pick them up. Run back home and confirm they actually fit. IF they did, I'd run over to the tire store and buy/order the tires. I have a family commitment at noon so I can't goof around. Need them by next Friday so I'm feeling a little short on time with the holidays in there.

I was hoping someone here would know for sure without a doubt if they'll work or not so I don't waste time.

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, with out a doubt I know they fit, just had a friend do the same thing. Good Luck man

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
All years are interchangeable. The only year there is an issue is 03. 03 cannot use the 15. The brakes are larger.

·
Still running
25 Posts
Thanks all. This advice help me too. I just put some '02 16x8s on my '98 D. It came with the craptastic 15x7s and I had to get them off. I would have gone the standard 15x8s (5 U spokes) but I found all 4 of the 16x8 with tires (30% tread) for $200 - best deal I could find. All the 15x8s I found were $250 (ebay shipped) to $300 at the local parts yard.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.