DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Rev it up!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting patiently to strike for a Mega Cab but it doesn't look like it will happen. Why not as an option engine for all of the Rams? Or are they saving it for an SRT-8 Ram? Does anyone have an idea?

· Rev it up!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Isn't someone going to appeal or veto this law? I second the motion about the "I don't have anything else better to do" politicians.

OTOH, they can offer high power engines. Being based on an average of trucks, they just have to make more fuel efficient trucks than gas guzzlers. I believe that we will see a lot more "high power" V6s with "marbles" instead of "balls" though. Which leads me to believe that they may start charging a high premium for 350+hp engines.

· Rev it up!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
sandiegohemi said:
What we are going to find are manufacturers building more powerful engines with better mpg. Look at trucks 6-7 years ago. I think the Silverado had the most HP at 285. The F150 was pushing 260 and Dodge was what, 235? Now, we have 345 hp motors getting better fuel economy than the less powerful trucks of the past.
Interesting point! I wonder if the MDS principle is responsible.

· Rev it up!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Not many people will remember this, but didn't they try something like this in the late 70s to the mid 80s? RWD went to FWD, V8 dissolved to 4 & 6 cylinder, etc..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.