DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
OPB: mheideman
I dont think youll see it anytime soon. The SRT10 Ram was discontinued because of the new law starting January 1st. The law states that any new vehicle sold starting January 1st must get at least 20 (I think thats what it is) mpg or better. The SRT10 was in the single digits. They (Dodge) are going to have a hard enough time as it is getting the 5.7 to achieve this much less the 6.1.

Come on everybody, wave bye bye to the horsepower!

Take your hand, hold it above your head, make a fist, and scream "Damn you Politicians!"
How is GM getting the 6.0 and a 6.2 in their 1/2 ton trucks then. 367hp and over 400 for the other. That doesnt sound like 20mpg to me. More like 15...maybe. Dodge can do it but they wont.

I was on a gm site the other day and a guy whos name went by chief designer or gm designer asked what features they would like to see on the new truck. I also realize we have the same thread, (i read it) but do we have an DCX designer on here asking the people (us) that actually drive their rigs what we want for our vehicles?

Chevy maybe going through hard times NOW but with this new truck and a 100k warranty it could get tough to compete.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.