DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This appears to be the 3" Airbagit spindle kit. The auction says they are made by chassis tech. Chassis tech web site says visit their partners (airbagit.com).

My understanding from reading through these threads is that these spindles will fit my 06. I currently have the 3" (comes out to 2" on '06) RC springs.

Running factory 20" and stock tire size currently.

I know I will need longer braker lines, but $199 with free shipping sounds like a GREAT deal for a 3" spindle kit.

·
Registered
378 Posts
how about a link to the spindles you have in mind so we might see what they are?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got a response back on the extended brake lines- $88 shipped.

That's $288 for 3" spindles and brake lines.

My understanding is that these should fit my truck as well as the previous years.

Anyone have any experience with Airbagit.com or Chassis Tech?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I beleive they will. I have an 07 and was going to order them as well.. I believe DJGHEMI has an 2007 and ordered the spindles form airbagit.com and they fit and are working fine on his. and these seem to be the same ones.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I did some digging and found some of his threads.

I guess the question is now will these work with stock 20" rims. I'd like to keep them (at least for now) and either upgrade tires and wheels or just the tires at some point in the future (I just bought new tires a couple of months ago, so I hate to get rid of them that quick).

They are the stock 275/65/20 size. Will I be ok with these spindles and tires, and if I keep these rims, what tire sizes should I look at to go on them?

Thanks!

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Says 17" min, so 20's should be fine.

·
Registered
352 Posts
hey mkeadle, you have 3" RC springs? how do you like them, about getting some installed this week.

·
Louisiana Mopower
353 Posts
post pics once you install

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey mkeadle, you have 3" RC springs? how do you like them, about getting some installed this week.
I like them a lot.

I really couldn't tell any difference in ride quality at all. It rode nice before, and still rides nice- better with the Bilsteins I just put on.

On my 06 they end up just slightly above a 2" lift, but still look good.

I'd recommend them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
thanks alot man that helps me out a ton

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those pick look great.

I figure $288 shipped for the spindles and brake lines is a pretty good deal.

DJG- I searched through some of your posts. Seems like they have worked out pretty well for you.

Any issues, other things to consider besides brake lines?

Thanks!!!!

·
Daniel
645 Posts
You can make the line work just bend the metal line up. I wish I got mine for 199

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ordered today.

Saw another post where someone else did as well.

I'll post pics after I'm done.

I've got 2" springs currently in front, and 2" blocks in back currently.

I just measured and the 3" spindles will put me between 1/4" to 1/2" lower at the fender line in front than rear- perfect. I don't have to mess with the back at all.

Only problem is I'm out of town the next 2 weekends, so it's gonna be a while before I can get 'em on!

I did order my wife the $200 shoes she was wanting too. I think I'll be ok. :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
thanks, I just placed the order too because they only have 3 sets left. I did not order extended brakelines, is there some where else I could buy the these brakelines beside them thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i bought these too. talked to Tom. cool guy. he too told me about the extended brakes but i didnt get em and i just installed my spindles with 2" spacers and i have alot of slack. just bent the lines a little.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i bought these too. talked to Tom. cool guy. he too told me about the extended brakes but i didnt get em and i just installed my spindles with 2" spacers and i have alot of slack. just bent the lines a little.
Do you have pictures of your truck with spindles and spacers. I might add 1.5 spacers in the future. Thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.