DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had several discussions with people in the biz., and of course have been reading the papers.

It does not seem farfetched to think that Dodge may not make it through this year.

Seems crazy, I know, but it's a very real possibility.

Thoughts?

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I bet there will be a 2050 model year.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I'm pretty sure there will be a 2010 model- that's what the 4th Generation HD's are suppose to be. After that, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize the 2010s are in the pipeline and they'll be cranking them out this spring for summer delivery, I presume...but will Chrysler last that long?

I know they've been through tough times before, but this seems like a much worse situation than they've ever faced.

·
RamRoddin'
793 Posts
The loss of all or even any of the big few American auto names would be a huge ego blow to the united states. For this reason alone i doubt the govt. will allow any of them to fold. We'd rather spend ourselves into our own graves than exhibit any form of weakness to other countries.
So in my opinion i doubt any of the big American auto names will fold in our lifetimes let alone within the next 5 years.
There may be some cleverly worded and tuned mergers n purchases but im pretty confident the names of the mfctrs will remain the same.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thier will be a 2010 model year. The cars and trucks arn't going away but the question is weather or not Chrysler is going to sell its assets to somebody else.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Chrysler is here for the long haul. They just might not be owned by Cerberus.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.