DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
New Ram Owner!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the OEM Class IV Receiver assembly from an 04-up Ram 2500 bolt right on my 07 Ram 1500? Im talking about the one that replaces the bumper bar and bolts to the frame. There seems to be a lot of people reccomending that little class III (5000 LB) one but I'll be towing about 6000 LB minimum so thats out. There is a guy listing 2500 takeoffs on Ebay but he's not sure if it'll fit a 1500 or not. Does someone know for sure? Thanks!

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
I had a 1500 factory tow package for sale a couple weeks ago, i dont know where you are located but shipping to cali was about 60 bux and I wanted 70 so for 130ish you could have one that surely fits.

·
New Ram Owner!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm What class is it rated at? I really sorta want "overkill" so I dont hafta worry about it. I was looking at an aftermarket (Curt brand) Class IV rated at 10000/12000 lbs but I wasnt too impressed with the mounting hardware...

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
im not too sure but its real heavy duty being that it replaces the factory cross member and ties to both sides of the frame, I will call the dealer to see what they say as far as ratings go.

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
12,000-lb tow rating, 1,200-lb tongue weight rating with weight distributing equipment; otherwise 5,000-lb tow rating, 500-lb tongue weight rating, 2.0 opening, Hitch Ball sold separately

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.