DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
The emission test eqpt. my shop uses on I think 1999 and up vehicles just checks the PCM for trouble codes. If nothing's stored, it passes. No more sensor up the exhaust. Of course visual inspection is different, IIRC it's against federal law to tamper with the emissions exhaust system. But if you know the shop....

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Most areas do not not care but it depends on what your local regulations require for inspections. My Mustang originally had four cats but I now have a high flow H-pipe I with only has two. In NJ they do a visual but all they care is that cats are present (or something that looks like a cat). In states such as Calif you are not allowed to change anything. You must have the original number of cats and the original configuration of pipes. Mustangs in Calof. with X pipes as opposed to an H will not pass.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
If you had the exhaust installed professionally, they should be able to give you a "hall pass" for the visual inspection.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I hate emissions, I never dealt with it until I moved to NY. I'd say if nothing else if you have a mechanic that you're cool with get them to do it or get a referral to one of their buddies if they don't have a sniffer in their shop...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.