Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a thought.

I have a set of 6.5 components and 5.25 coaxs from my 08. I have my 700.5 from my 08........I want to pop that in my new truck.

the '10 has the alpine system in it. I want to take the door speakers and the sub out and replace them with the speakers above, the 700.5 and a CVR10 in a vented FoxBox.

I know I will need a LOC to hook up the amp. What else is needed? Will the speakers fit the doors?

Thanks!

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw, I would still want the 3 dash speakers and the 2 in the headliner working, running off of the stock amp.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
btw, I would still want the 3 dash speakers and the 2 in the headliner working, running off of the stock amp.
Speakers in the headliner??? Seriously? How did I miss that?

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, yup - surround sound! LOL

3 in the dash, 4 in the doors, 2 in the headliner and a sub. and it doesn't sound all that great......

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
What's the output of the stock amp? Enough to power the new speakers as they should?

If so... I'd say just plug and play. The only issue would be the tweeters on the componets, but I've been thinking of installing in the door panel by the mirror when the time comes (unless I custom fab a setup for the door).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just did this with mine last week...with the alpine system the only problem is the front door speakers are crossed-over from the factory for just low frequency. What i had to do was wire up my new amp into the rear door speakers and connect them that way for the full range.

Everything works and sounds perfect now!

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have the wiring diagram for this thing?

I went to a shop today to ask a few questions.......these guys are crazy! Asked them how much to put all of my stuff in the new truck.

4 speakers
1 sub / box
Amp

They would add in the LOCs (need 3 of 'em) and the amp wiring. They quoted me 600 bucks. CRAZY FOOLS!!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
If you're using componets for the fronts and they have a seperate tweeter... would you use the stock wiring since that's the lows and mids and run the tweeter in the dash?

(I've only upgraded subs and heads before... never have done speakers)

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Alright I'm gonna need to see a picture of these headliner speakers

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Sooooo what are you doing instead?

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL - probably tossin' the money into savings! weird huh? :D

I just can't justify it right now. I did read on another forum tonight that some guy put in another 8 - so I may just go that route and then leave it.

I figure, now I can sell the speakers and the amp, be done with it - move on.

I might get hids.........I know, savings be damned.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
LOL - probably tossin' the money into savings! weird huh? :D

I just can't justify it right now. I did read on another forum tonight that some guy put in another 8 - so I may just go that route and then leave it.

I figure, now I can sell the speakers and the amp, be done with it - move on.

I might get hids.........I know, savings be damned.
BLASPHEMY!

I love my HIDs... if you're thinking about getting them, you must never have had them. lol

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BLASPHEMY!

I love my HIDs... if you're thinking about getting them, you must never have had them. lol
dude.......you don't remember my 08 huh?

Lets see......I had a total of 7 different HID kits on it.

1. Twiggy lows
2. Twiggy fogs
3. Chad's bixenons
4. Twiggy fogs (for projector fogs)
5. Twiggy Direct fit projectors
6. 1 pair of HIDs in Hellas behind the grill
7. oh, another set in hellas!

:rck:

trust me, I love HIDs.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
dude.......you don't remember my 08 huh?

Lets see......I had a total of 7 different HID kits on it.

1. Twiggy lows
2. Twiggy fogs
3. Chad's bixenons
4. Twiggy fogs (for projector fogs)
5. Twiggy Direct fit projectors
6. 1 pair of HIDs in Hellas behind the grill
7. oh, another set in hellas!

:rck:

trust me, I love HIDs.
No... lol

Then how can you possibly think about getting them? They should already be on your list.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my list keeps changing. when I first bought it I was going to level it.......now I am kinda liking the rake to it (looks mean!) - but I will probably order the HIDs soon. I think I'll go with 3B Specialties as they don't require a harness at all, and they run 100 bucks. I'll hit up ebay for the fogs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.