DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few days my brain has been going back and forth from wanting to spend alot of money on gears and headers to not wanting to spend money on performance and just get cosmetic exterior mods, but then i see punks in mustangs and imports with fart pipes and i want to kill them with some hemi truck muscle.

I guess what i want out of this thread is for you guys to confirm to me and explain to me the amount of power my 03 hemi will have after i do these two mods. After i spend all of that money will i then understand that it was worth it?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
IMO you would be better off getting a programmer, exhaust, y-pipe, and maybe high flow cats. Of course I dont know what you already have.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got: cai, superchips, cutout with AT3030 muffler, right now ive got 3.55 gears with 305/50/20 tires.

·
Ramistered User
6,419 Posts
4.56's you will not regret

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
A lot of guys are switching back from the 4.56's to 3.92s or 4.10's.

I'm running factory 3.92s and I have no plans on changing them out.

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
I would say at least some stock 3.92's if not 4.10's Dunno if i would wanna go all the way to 4.56's. I know it will give it more accleration. But who needs it everyday. Just swapp to some 26" tires when you wanna go fast! :)

·
Ramistered User
6,419 Posts
A lot of guys are switching back from the 4.56's to 3.92s or 4.10's.
I'm running factory 3.92s and I have no plans on changing them out.
That's because they want reduce tire spin off the line and to cross the traps in a certain gear, not because of everyday drivability

·
Trucks Rule
490 Posts
4.56's and LT's will make your truck scream. do it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
4.56 will give a lot of power. If your not concerned about gas mileage at all I would do it in a heartbeat. If you are concerned about mileage go with 4.10. That being said I would do Long or Mid tube headers 1st, e-fan, definitely a Cam that is friendly with your tuner (Call Stu @ inertia) Get your HP and TQ where it should be and all of a sudden your 3.55 may be suitable.

·
Smokin Them Tires....
670 Posts
Am glad with my LT's and 4.56's havent really tried them out at the track but i have notice the difference....just waiting to buy the daiblo to disable the dang mds...you might want to get a cam first you'll notice some difference with only the cam and headers...

·
Banned
93 Posts
his tire is about the same height as stock. The stock 3.92 is pretty dang good if you ask me. Switch to a 28" slick for the tack if you race. Leave them gears alone. Skip gears save a lil longer and go to cam, LT's and tune. my two cents. Gears will help city driving, I had a combo of 4.10's and lower tires. end result 4.30ish. nice but highway=gas

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
In my opinion I think the 4.56's are too much gear. If I had them in my truck it would cause me to have to shift to overdrive on the track before I crossed the line @ just over 100 miles an hour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.