DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an '07 Hemi on a Honda lot. I am interested in buying it and one of the main selling points would be the remainder of the 3-36 warranty and the drivetrain warranty.

It already has less than 10,000 miles so it has a significant portion of the warranty left, but someone already threw a custom exhaust, (dual tips out the back) on it. I dont see why this would void the warranty but I want to be sure before I buy it.

I actually hate the exhaust I prefer duals or single out the side exhaust and it will be changed to my preference but I am just curious of how dealership would react if I had major engine problem, etc.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I'm gonna have to say no since almost everybody on this site has changed their exhaust. Plus the dealer would have to prove that the exhaust caused a problem to void anything.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
I talked to my 5star Dodge service writer, he told me that headers will not void warentee

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was assuming that the answer was no. Buttt I just wanted to get some personal experiences etc just to double check. Worst case scenario I would have to switch back to the stock one which I dont mind anyway. Problem is Im sure it doesnt come with the stocker and who knows what they did to get the duals in there.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
post on classifieds here that you want to do a local trade..... your aftermarket exhaust for someones 07 hemi stock exhaust.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
hey man i have my stock HEMI exhaust i recently took off....only has 4k miles....everything from the muffler back...where are you located?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
it aint worth putting a stock muffler back on trust me... i have pace setter long tubes, off road ypipe with no cats a cut out and stock muffler....a HUGE power loss. i had a 40 series delta force. but i wanted to be uite on the highway and long trips, and be loud at the flip of a switch.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Stlavsa said:
I found an '07 Hemi on a Honda lot. I am interested in buying it and one of the main selling points would be the remainder of the 3-36 warranty and the drivetrain warranty.
The powertrain warranty on the 07's does not transfer to the 2nd owner.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
yes the 3/36 transfers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont even have the truck YET!!! Haha Its still at the dealership! But I am not reallly interesed in going back to stock, I guess if the need would arise I could always buy one online here and install it if I a dealership was giving me shit about it.

Does anyone know of a good exhaust thats dual turn out tips? (1 to each side?) or is that pretty much gotta be custom work? I def hate these ones straight out the back and thats gotta be the first thing to change. I may be able to get an exhaust guy re run them out the back or just add in some bends to existing piping and move hangers etc.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Stlavsa said:
Does anyone know of a good exhaust thats dual turn out tips? (1 to each side?) or is that pretty much gotta be custom work? I def hate these ones straight out the back and thats gotta be the first thing to change. I may be able to get an exhaust guy re run them out the back or just add in some bends to existing piping and move hangers etc.
check my gallery, I have the gibson cat back like your describing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait does the 07 have lifetime warranty? I thought it was like an 7 year or 8 year warranty 70 or 80k miles?

I thought the lifetime was only on 08's. The sticker says remainder of warranty for both? But Honda could def be wrong I suppose.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
in 06 they offered ONLY the 3/36...then the same for part of 07. Then they started offering the lifetime powertrain warranty, but unlike the 7/70 in 05 which was transferrable once, the lifetime is non transferrable. So if you buy this truck all you get is the remainder of the 3/36

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ohhh well that changes everything. I dont even want the damn thing now these trucks have way to many problems In my opinion.

DAMNNN thats a real let down, thanks for the heads up tho I am really glad i discovered this now instead of after purchase. I just had a feeling it was the same as my truck (03, which has a 70,000 mile)

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
Stlavsa said:
ohhh well that changes everything. I dont even want the damn thing now these trucks have way to many problems In my opinion.

DAMNNN thats a real let down, thanks for the heads up tho I am really glad i discovered this now instead of after purchase. I just had a feeling it was the same as my truck (03, which has a 70,000 mile)

what do you mean? :huh:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont mean to be offensive, but I just have had a bad experience with my '03 which I purchased last year with around 35,000 miles. (right when the full warranty ended, my mistake there, shoulda seen it coming.)

But I read these posts of all these common problems and it scares me. Its not that it has overwhelming problems, but my last 4 vehicles were as follows, Honda Civic SI, Honda Civic dx (beater), Toyota 4-runner, and another Honda Civic SI.

I am not trying to offend anyone or start shit because I love these trucks (I wont even consider any other truck as a matter of fact.) But I am used to being able to hop in my vehicle and not worry about dumb problems, like overheating, and electrical problems, and problems with my climate control and radio, all with less than 40K miles.) A couple of those vehicles had 160 and 185K on them w.o the problems that I read about these trucks having.

I dont know I am just scared but its mostly because my '03 Ram is just junk.

The truck is also developing surface rust on the inside of the wheel well on the bed, and in the chrome bumpers. its like 5 years old and maintained meticulously, both mechanically and cosmetically. Its not acceptable to me. I work hard and pay alot of money for these vehicles I like them to be in the same condition in 3 years as when I bought them and thats what I'm used to.

I really want someone to tell me that im totally wrong but I just dont know.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
with the kind of coin these vehicles cost I don't blame you for being worried. For what you want you might be better waiting almost a year and see what kind of deals they start offering on the 08's w/ lifetime warranty once the new 09's come out.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
im not offended at all man, i was just curious what went wrong...its just that on boards/forums the majority of posts are "help" or "fix it" types...most people dont join up to talk about whats going good (there are a lot but mostly people research the forums to find an answer)

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
rb513 said:
im not offended at all man, i was just curious what went wrong...its just that on boards/forums the majority of posts are "help" or "fix it" types...most people dont join up to talk about whats going good (there are a lot but mostly people research the forums to find an answer)
naw...I'm just here to pass the time at work and find my next mod ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.