DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering will a 4-wheeler fit in the bed of a 97 dakota? ext. cab short box?
Imlooking to by a dakota or a ram so your help would be appreciated!

thanks!

·
Kinda Newbie
201 Posts
It will probably depend on the model of 4 wheeler, of course, but my dad and my four wheelers both fit on the short box of my dad's old '88 Dakota, and the tailgate closes too.

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
i easily fit 2 fullsize mx bikes in mine. it should be able to haul a 4 wheeler no sweat, but then again, it depends on what 4 wheeler, some have reallly wide wheelbases.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right now i just have a polaris 300 '98 but will be getting a 03-04 500 sportsman. Think the sportsman will fit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just checked the polaris site and the new sportsman is 46inches wide, so in the box of a dakota can you fit a piece of ply wood in the back???

thanks

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I had a '97 Dak shortbox and my '02 Polaris Scrambler fit perfectly. The funny thing is the damn tailgate wouldn't close in my current "full-size" truck with it in the bed! WTF?

·
Registered
352 Posts
yellowbee, let the air out of the tires it will give you an extra 2-3 inches LOL that way you can close the tailgate and then spend the next 2hours putting air back in LOL

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Yeah, that would probably give me just enough room, but I'd get an airbubble so it wouldn't take that long to refill.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yes it will, I hauled my YFZ450 (+2 +1 arms and +4 rear axel made the YFZ 50 inches wide) and it fit my extra cab R/T S/B

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had a 98 Dak x-cab and when I took it for an overnight test drive I put my '00 Sportsman 500 in the back to be sure it woould fit! It did but the tailgate wouldn't close. No big deal though, I just strapped it in with the cargo hooks in the front of the bed! Another note though, the wheel wells were a hair narrow for the front tires but the bedliner that was in it probably narrowed it a little.
good luck and enjoy both the Dak & the Polaris.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I fit a Polaris Sportsman 500 in the back of my Dakota w/the tailgate closed. Perfect fit. That quad is pretty massive. I regularly haul a Kawasaki Mojave. It's a lot easier to unload than the polaris.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.