DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 04 parts truck. I like the 04 05 sterring wheels better than my 03, plus my cruise doesn't work anymore. Anyone done this swap or know if it will work and what's involved?

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I didn't know there was a difference. Can you post some pics?

·
2005 Hemi Ram
1,435 Posts
Heres a pic of each steering wheel. The left is for the 04-08 rams, and the right is for the 02-03 rams. As far as being interchangable, i dont know but am interested to know because i want to change my 03 wheel to the 04-08 or the 09+ wheel.

Attachments

·
Red Trucker
2,580 Posts
I like the look of the 09+ better, but it's a better bet the 04-08 wheel will be a bolt in. Clockspring part numbers are not the same though. Should physically bolt in, just a matter of hooking up the airbag and radio controls (if you have them).

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would like to know too, I love those 04+ wheels. But i thought i heard somewhere that the connection for the airbag was different...

·
Red Trucker
2,580 Posts
I wouldn't doubt it. There's an 09 wheel I've been eyeing up, it's a little pricey but would look so much better. Only problem is getting an airbag to hook up right. If not, then I have a NIB spare steering wheel to use when this one is totally AFU.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a good comparable pic. I'm going to look into this, I'd like to do it. Forgot to see if it has steering wheel controls on the back, hope so, I really miss them from my last Ram. There are some good articles on hooking up stereo controls if you dont' have them.

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
Strange, I bought a complete 04 interior package in late 04 and changed to the 04 steering wheel (leather) and it looks like the 03 you have pictured. It was a direct replacement.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've been wondering the same.... i really like the 04+ style (i have 03 cruise no radio control wheel). keep us posted what you find!

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
I modified my clockspring wiring a little so if the mast jack stem fits the wheel then the wiring should either fit or can be wired to fit. I used the wheel's radio buttons to control my OD function.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i guess im one of the tons of people who have wanted to get the 04 wheel too! i always thought i was alone lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.