DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a set of stock 16 in wheels from an older dodge ( dont know from what year) and want to know if they will fit on my 03 1500 rc. Im not sure if the lug pattern will be the same or if they will clear the brake disk and calipers. Only reason I want them is because im a cheap ass and tires are a little bit cheaper.
One more thing Why is it that the bigger the rim means the more expensive the tire gets. My theory is less rubber should equal less cost???

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Its more costly because of extra needed strength and manufacturing designs for larger tires. Bolt pattern is the same, but as said before they won't fit over the brakes. Some guys have managed to shave the rears to fit a 16" wheel for drag racing. But the smallest front wheel with extensive shaving I have seen, was a guy running 16.5"s all the way around on his 2500.

KB

· Registered
178 Posts
Demand also has its hand in the pricing picture. More overall trucks run 16's and 16.5's than the larger sizes. This will change as time progresses unless the manufactures decide to bump to another odd[new] size like a 19. Be glad you don't have a rim that has a newer bolt pattern too[yeah I'm looking at you Ford]. Unfortunately the truck market doesn't readily benefit from the fact the car market has been using these sizes for awhile. The differing weight and handling characteristics of a truck make the manufacturing process different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.