Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 05' tail lights fit 06-08's?

I am partial to the plain looking tailights like I have on my 2005 work truck, just not wild about the whole afterburner lights on the 06-08s. I am in the process of trying to buy a new 08'. Even now after close to 3 years I still like the 05s better. It looks like the head light situations is what it is. However the tail ights look like they would enterchage on all 3rd gen trucks. Anyone know for sure on that?

·
Registered
837 Posts
as far as i know the '06 had the same tail lights as the 02 to 05. 07 and 08 have the "after burner" style. I believe the connections are a little different in the 07 and 08 but it should be possible to change the wiring slightly if you were so inclined.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Yep, what southshore1500 said. Recon is the only manufacturer that makes aftermarket tails for the '07s that I know of. They require some custom wiring/parts that are not supplied by Recon as yet.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was kinda thinking I would just order a pair of OEM 05' tailights from the dealer parts department.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
You could, but there would have to be some modification to the assembly, as it is not that easy, and I think the mounting changed just a tad. Try to PM Dodge_tomahawk, he would be the one to know.

·
Ultimate Design
2,268 Posts
2002 TO 2006 will not fit the 07/08 model for the reasons i shall describe.

02-06 carry a light board with 1 plug on the back...the plastic light board ..it physicaly screws into the back of the lenz.

07/08 carry to plugs that twist in with 2 seperate bulbs....like your headlights.

the 07/08 wireing harness is all one piece with no pigtails.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.