DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this may seem odd, becuase it doesnt make much sense to me. I got my push button start a few months ago. I had trouble installing it at first. I used the directions from a post on here along with the directions that the dealer sent along with the button for the instalation. Everything seemed like it should work but continued not to. Then one time after resplicing it worked. It didnt give me any problem for a while, untill about March. Then I noticed that sometimes the button would not work at all.

Well now i seem to realize the pattern. My truck is kept garaged down here in south florida, and in the morning when i go to work it is not all that hot yet. The button works every morning when i start the truck no problem. But after that the button does not work. Atleast not till night time and the temperature has seemed to cool down, it will work then.

So i am guessing that the problem is related to the heat in some way. Although I am not sure, but it just seems that whenever the truck has been out in the sun the button will not work.

Anyone have any possible thoughts on that?

·
Registered
219 Posts
To me it seems that something is swelling in the heat not allowing contact. by pass the switch and see if it works then if so replace switch

·
Registered
132 Posts
Before replacing the switch I would check your wiring. Could be a bad connection where you spliced and the little expansion from the warmer air just enough to break the circuit of a loose connection

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brian Dodge said:
To me it seems that something is swelling in the heat not allowing contact. by pass the switch and see if it works then if so replace switch
What switch are you referring to? is that the button?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to make sense what you said, but Do you think i should try doing the splice when the car has been sitting out in the heat for a while? I dont really understand how the splice has so much problem, i mean its not like rocket science...

StreetHEMI03 said:
Before replacing the switch I would check your wiring. Could be a bad connection where you spliced and the little expansion from the warmer air just enough to break the circuit of a loose connection

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't see any harm in doing in any temp. Baseline is make sure there is a good connection and then it should not give you a problem in any temp. That is if the problem even is in the splice? Me personally I would check make sure it has a good connection before I would blame the switch itself, thats all I was saying. Its possible the swich itself is bad??

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I thought the switch might be when i was first having trouble, but art at henson motors basically told me that the chances of it being faulty were very slim. So I kept trying and got it to work. until it got hot out. then i started noticing the problem.

interesting note...today it was raining most of the day and the temp droped down into the 70s'. The button worked multiple times while the temp was low. But an hour ago, when the temp had risen back up it didnt work....which leades me to believe your expanding heat theory...

·
Registered
336 Posts
what would be sweet is if you could have a transponder/reciever setup like in the luxury cars so you can use a push button without inserting the key ... am i missing something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.