DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing the Innovative LC-1 with the XD-16 gauge, and it works awesome!!! It was very easy to install, the kit included everything except an inline fuse holder. Right now I'm running 14.5 at idle and 12.5 at WOT, so the LT headers and Superchips lean issue isn't with mine. Skaarew we should be able to install yours in less then a couple of hours...piece of cake.

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
great man...your numbers are perfect....good idle a/f.....and safe WOT a/f.....cant wait! don't forget how mark and you hooked it up....we should blow thru mine quickly!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Good choice.

It ain't cheap, but its well worth it to tune.

I have the same setup.

How do like the light show when you turn the key to on?

I love the way that I can use the lm-1 to datalog by just pushing the button on the xd-16.

I put in my own fuse holder. I mounted the lm-1 under the hood since I only need access to download logs.

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
well i am excited bout it....got an srt-10 guage pod (pillar) so it will be right there for my viewing pleasure! hopefully my a/f ratios are like sawcuts..... by the way...what is consider unsafely lean? 13.5 to 1 ? higher.....

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have an 04.

My truck did not like running too fat. Like in the mid to higher 11's. The power came on in the lower 12's. Like 12.3.

When I ran 11's, it fell on its face, power wise.

Yeah, running wot in the 13's or higher is too lean.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing I've noticed on my truck is the idle has been kind of rough since I installed the headers. When I installed the wideband I noticed that it jumped from 14.5 to 15.5ish when the idle gets rough. I'm not sure what the deal is and I haven't had it installed long enough to get a real clear picture, but it seems to get real lean when the idle is rough....I'll have to keep an eye on it

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
Hey sawcut64 how do you like your shift kit?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlackBaggedSS/T said:
Hey sawcut64 how do you like your shift kit?
The shift kit works exactly like it's supposed to, quick immediate shifts. You will not really feel anything different, but wherever you have Superchips set to shift is exactly where it shifts. So if you have it set to shift at 5950 then that's where it shifts unlike before where it would end at 6200ish. Superchips made the shift firm and the shift kit makes them quick, for me definitely worth it.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oops just saw that you have a 2003, not real sure how the Superchips works for the 03's. That may make a difference with the shift firmness, like I said not sure how the Superchips works for you 03 guys. If the 03 Superchips does nothing for shift firmness, then there is a resistor that comes with the kit to improve firmness. You should call up Wayne at APS and ask him....

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Are you guys cutting your o2 sensor wires and lengthening them? If so how are you doing it? You guys are not soldering them together are you?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The wide band comes with it's own O2 sensor, you just need to have another bung(which comes with the kit)welded in before the cat. Now when I installed my LT headers I did lengthen the wiring harness, not the wires with the O2 sensor itself, but the truck wiring harness. I used butt connectors, shrink tube, and silicone to seal the ends...been working like a charm, no problems.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Good. If you solder any connections of wires to lengthen them to the o2 sensors, it will not give a accurate reading. Air passes through the wires(signal) and measures the difference between the o2 sensor in the exhaust and the air going through the wire. Any restriction(solder) would probibit from getting a good signal. I am trying to gather up old o2 sensors and connectors and cut off the sensor itself, using connectors to hook up my rear o2's and fronts so when i get longtubes, it will be completely accurate.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
hemi1569 said:
Good. If you solder any connections of wires to lengthen them to the o2 sensors, it will not give a accurate reading. Air passes through the wires(signal) and measures the difference between the o2 sensor in the exhaust and the air going through the wire. Any restriction(solder) would probibit from getting a good signal. I am trying to gather up old o2 sensors and connectors and cut off the sensor itself, using connectors to hook up my rear o2's and fronts so when i get longtubes, it will be completely accurate.
what how does the regular old wire act as a air sensor? i find it hard to belive that the truck can tell what amount of air is present by what is moving past a wire. i thought there was a vlotage reading taken from the o2 sensor and that was sent to the pcm. to tell the pcm add or remove timing from the fuel injector pulse.to regulate the A/F ratio. (by adding or removing the amount of fuel going into the motor) now im not trying to dog you out or say your wrong i really dont know and was just stating what i thought.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
3781 is the part number for the xd16 guage. The xd16 standalone with the lc-1 wb controller does not data log.

The rec button on the xd16 will only work with a datalogger like the lm-1.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
sawcut64 said:
Just finished installing the Innovative LC-1 with the XD-16 gauge, and it works awesome!!! It was very easy to install, the kit included everything except an inline fuse holder. Right now I'm running 14.5 at idle and 12.5 at WOT, so the LT headers and Superchips lean issue isn't with mine. Skaarew we should be able to install yours in less then a couple of hours...piece of cake.
sounds good sawcut64! ya know you can change the perimeter l.e.d.s color to about anything you want with a laptop.
i left mine as is and love to watch it.
it's even better at night.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
moesperformance said:
sounds good sawcut64! ya know you can change the perimeter l.e.d.s color to about anything you want with a laptop.
i left mine as is and love to watch it.
it's even better at night.
Well I don't have a laptop so I'll have to live with it as is, which is fine because it's awesome!! Super cool with the SRT-10 pillar, and I'm more then a little relieved that I can keep an eye on the A/F ratio. By the way thanks for the awesome deal and excellent customer service...Moe's Performance rocks!! :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I'm thinking about getting Moe's traction bars.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I heard nothing but good things about those as well, and like I said his customer service ROCKS!!.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.