DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be installing a wideband soon for my future sct tuner. I do not know very much about them. My truck has 2.25 down pipes leading into a 3" single. Can the wideband be mounted on a down pipe, or does it need to see combined gases and be mounted on the 3" pipe? Thanks

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
it needs to be before the cats in the downpipe.

· Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
I think the only thing to worry about is positioning, 18 in" from the engine and should be installed at least at 90 degrees or more. Your an 03 so it doesn't matter which side, 03s don't have a egr correct. Oh and before the cats.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. The reason i ask is my front right o2 sensor is still throwing p0153 so i was going to mount both front o2 sensors on the left using o2 extensions and mount the sensor for the wide band there, but i don't think its 18 inches from the head because i have mid lengths. Probably about 13 or 14 though.

· Banned
2,112 Posts
I wouldn't do that. Which code is that? I can't remember off the top of my head. That sounds like a post cat code, and if that's the case moving the sensor would do nothing. It would also be wise to keep the front sensors where there supposed to be incase anything goes wrong on that side you would know about it. I installed the bung for my wideband on the drivers side about 6" past the header collector, mounting on the drivers side should give you a little more play on where you mount the gauge in the truck.

· Registered
9,836 Posts
You will need to mount it right after your "Y" pipe. The reason is if you ever get a bad injector you will NEVER know it if your reading off only one side...But installing it at the "Y" if you have an injector fail... you will know, and you will be able to SAVE your engine from certain destruction because your wide band will pick it up.

Having two cats does add a problem though... Check out the DYNOJET COMMANDER SITE and see what they say in the FAQ section.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

· HC-Racing,LLC
1,836 Posts
I was told back in the day that if you run a wideand a/f after the cat, it makes it about half a point leaner.

Just as acturate fluctuation wise and react just as fast, but reads .5 leaner.

I tested before and after the cats on my old Cobra, and had a half a point diff.

I will be testing before and after the Dakota's cat to get a diff as well.

thats just in case you decide to keep the cats..

$

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
proudhemi the p0153 is a front o2 sensor code. If anyone has any other suggestions for this code let me know. I will need the check engine light off some day for emissions here in MA. Having the check engine light on doesn't bother me just my mechanic. :D I may try Air Rams suggestion and put it after the Y pipe and before my cat. I had to get rid of the pre cats because of the headers. Thanks.

· Registered
9,836 Posts
black03dakota said:
proudhemi the p0153 is a front o2 sensor code. If anyone has any other suggestions for this code let me know. I will need the check engine light off some day for emissions here in MA. Having the check engine light on doesn't bother me just my mechanic. :D I may try Air Rams suggestion and put it after the Y pipe and before my cat. I had to get rid of the pre cats because of the headers. Thanks.
I just realized your from my home area... I grew up in Easthampton and went to school at Smith Vocational in Northampton... Its cool to see somone from back home... I left back in 1991 when I joined the Air Force...

anyway... back to the subject.... I would do everything I could to get a reading from both banks... this way you will know if somthing is wrong should you lose an injector.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.