DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out last night to check he oil and it was down to tha add mark for the first time ever. It never usually uses a drop. Apon further inspection there is oil sitting on top of the intake right under the throttle body. It's sort of trapped in there in a 4 inch square area. No codes, and just a bit of a rough idle while sitting a a light. 2006 hemi.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Check your PCV and hose. That would be first place I'd look.

:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do the 06 Hemi's have a PCV? I know my 04 does not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pvc hose goes from the side of the vaccume booster to the side of the throttle body right? If so then i just went out and checked it and it feels in good shape, connected firmly at both ends, rubbed the whole thing down and there were no wet spots at all compared to what is accumulating on top of the intake.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a pic

Attachments

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
If the valve is not working or there’s crap in the hose, the pressure will build-up in the engine and can do funny things with other systems.

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
is that an opening on your filter tube just before your TB? pressure could be pushing up oil into the intake tube and then coming out of that hole.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a port that is blocked off for up to 2005 models I believe, it is dry and the intake has been on for at least a year and one half, without issue. This problem is new, within a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so i removed the pvc hose and it is clean with no residue, the pvc valve is oiled but no gunk and it rattles quite freely, does look as if there is quite a bit of play on the shaft when you hold it upside down and shake it. I think thats how its supposed to be. Now I am woundering if it something as simple as the mechanic who did the last oil change spilled it with the gun when he went to fill it. I always have the same tech so i will stop by in the morning on my way to site. Thanks guys so much for your help today, this global village thing does work.:worthy:

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Clue us in later OK?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.