DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im looking at new and used 2500's with hemi's. I can not find any low mileage white 4x4 2500's with the hemi in them. Does anybody know where any or at the nearest one ai found around was 275 miles away!. Like I said I dont tow either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They are a rare... when I bought mine they had to go 260 miles to get it from another dealer. They really push the Cummins in the 2500 ... the dealer where I bought mine said they never dealer order any Hemi 2500s (except Power Wagons)... only on special requests.

Good luck finding a used one ;)

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
It's a supply and demand issue. There is little demand for the Hemi 2500, so very few are ordered by dealers. Less than 12% of 2500 Rams sold have the Hemi engine. The Power Wagon's popularity has increased that number slightly though -- it used to be lower.

I had a gas-powered Ram 2500 4x4 (mine was a '99 with the 360) and I loved it... but I sold it after only 9 months of ownership because it got 8 mpg day-in, day-out! The Hemi 2500's will do better than that, but not much better.

·
Registered
276 Posts
HeviDuty, Don't know which way to point you because I don't know what area of the country you are in. The Dodge site where you build has options that will cover an area that I believe is something like 14 pages of 10 dealerships (140 closest dealers). Dealers are not always straight with you about being able to locate a truck. If they send there to test drive, you may buy from the other dealer. If they bring it in for you and you don't take it they lose the transportation cost and whatever they lose in the swap.

Look for LARGE dealerships for selection. The smaller guys may be easier to deal with, but they can't afford to carry much stock. What they do carry will be what moves quickly and/or what makes the most profit. I know that I can find the 2500 with a Hemi a number of places, but I don't know about white. Ordering is an excellent option, because that way you will end up with exactly the features that you want and only those that you are willing to pay for.

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
Heavy Duty said:
Well im looking at new and used 2500's with hemi's. I can not find any low mileage white 4x4 2500's with the hemi in them. Does anybody know where any or at the nearest one ai found around was 275 miles away!. Like I said I dont tow either.
If you don't tow why do you need one? or do you just like the added weight?

·
Registered
36 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
If you don't tow why do you need one? or do you just like the added weight?
That would be a good question if he was looking for a 4x2, but a 4x4 2500 has a major advantage over the 1500... no IFS. Also has a FF rear axle.

Later ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
FreeLantz said:
... but I sold it after only 9 months of ownership because it got 8 mpg day-in, day-out! The Hemi 2500's will do better than that, but not much better.
My Hemi gets 12.3 mpg day-in day-out, so compared to your 360 the Hemi is 50% more fuel efficient! Finally something that makes my fuel mileage sound good... :rck:

As I have said before, I didn't buy it for the fuel mileage ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm getting 12.3-12.4 mpg with mine consistently as well. Try talking with various dealerships tell them what you want (mileage, 4x4, etc.) and how much you want to pay for. Very often they can get you what your looking for when they go to auction to get used cars.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Get a Power Wagon

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Just as a word of caution...in today's paper there was an article about using caution when buying used vehicles that have been damaged by hurricane Katrina. There are some ruthless people out there passing cars and trucks off as low mileage great deals, but some of the vehicles were damaged by Katrina, and have been cleaned up to hide the ill effects. Obviously it's the electrical system that can be most damaged, yet might not show all of the ill effects right away.

I'm sure that you'll be okay, but this mornings article happened to be timely for your topic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
still cant find any decent low mileage under 30k hemi 4x4 around here if I could find one I would trade in.

·
WYOhemi
478 Posts
Heavy Duty said:
still cant find any decent low mileage under 30k hemi 4x4 around here if I could find one I would trade in.
mine has 25k and would sell for the right price. yet i believe you said you wanted white

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
heck, i got mine from the dealer at home at it has every option i had on a order sheet and no more. but yeah, most 2500's will be ctd, I wish I would of gotten the CTD instead. oh and mine gets 9.5-10 mpg. but also most 2500s will not be low mileage because I imagine alot of people use their trucks for towing and other stuff, my 04 has 53,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Bought my 04 used at a honda dealership a year ago. 2500 Hemi Crew Cab long bed 4X4 Laramie. 22,000 miles on it at the time, and paid $26,000. It is Patriot Blue Pearl though. It now has 42,300 miles. Best averaged tank was 17.3 miles a gallon on a long freeway trip running 70mph, Day to day commute I get 14-15 . All hand calculated figures. 3:73 gears...Hauls my fishing pole and tool belt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ust ordered my white 2500 4x4 from Virginia, they had to go to Jersey to get it. Dealer told me any five star dealer has access to any others stock on demand, thas part o the five star rating. was the dealer 5 star?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I ordered mine, worth the wait! Settling is not an option.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.