DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why is it that when I pull up some where, everyone wants to hear the truck laying rubber? I was right in town this afternoon which is more like a strip where everyone hangs out and there is nothing but patio bars. As I am driving my truck you can certainly hear me coming from blocks a way, even at low speeds. I pull right up beside a patio which is about 10 feet a way from the truck. 3 or 4 guys are checking the truck out and one comments on it and the other three are all yelling like a couple of idiots, getting everyones attention. They are screaming let it go! let it loose! My wife of course, looks at me and says, don't you dare! I wasn't going to anyway because of all the cops that ride around there. I did give it one quick pounce just to give it a roar. I still got a punch in the arm for it.
:drivingz:

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Ahhh...the joys of peer pressure! :D What's funny is I got requests for that more in my Honda Accord than I do in the truck. LOL

KB

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
^aint that the truth.. all my friends were more impressed over this kids at my schools civic that has 2 subwoofers with chrome stuff aroudn them.. than a 350+ HP Truck (Soon to be 450+ ;)) lol

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
in an accord? wtf? yeah, i get that at school runnin straight pipes... we have this twin turbo 300Z, evo8 and mustang cobra always trying to get me to race...

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I swear Bro, LOL. I remember once pulling up to a stoplight and there were 2 younger guys like 20 or 21 in a bucket ass ghetto ice cream truck next to me. They start honking the horn and yelling for me to smoke em up. I was like are U serious? My Accord was a piece Bro, rolling on 2 different size tires (front and rear on 17"s) and a black primered hood. But it was slammed to the ground with a fat intake and a greddy (Bumble bee sounding) exhaust. That car blew goats. Sad part is, it would barely make the tires chirp, it only burned out 3 times ever. And that was pulling out of the carwash making a hard right! :D

KB

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hemi440man said:
It's always good to lay some rubber, just to let them know you were there.
could not have said it better myself and the wife thing will get better now she tells me to smoke them :rck:

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
When im cruising around in my Cougar you wouldnt believe how much taunts and shouts i get to smoke em'!! Well i usually just punch it just enough to make them chirp and the exhaust get real loud. The cougar has just about straight pipes and this thing is super loud when it idles! It shakes the ground when idling let alone when i punch it. No one wants to ride with me so i get to have all the fun - the punch in the arm! :rck:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.