DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is extremely frustrating. Every big online gear/diff/axle shop I check fails to list prices for anything. WTF!?!?!

It's not very easy to call these people when I work nights and sleep all day.

Anybody else notice this? Is there a reason for it.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I've noticed that too. Maybe it's because they know you'll leave the website if you saw the prices..LOL!!

Actually it could be because they want you to call them so they can give a you a price per your application.

For example, say you want to get a price on 4.10 gearing for your 9.25" axle. The prices on 4.10 gearing may be different between a Ram 1500 or 2500 or a Ram Van.

This would be my guess at least.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe it's because they don't have completely rock solid prices. Most of those places are willing to haggle with you when you call them. That was my experience when I shopped around for my gears.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dodgevanman said:
I've noticed that too. Maybe it's because they know you'll leave the website if you saw the prices..LOL!!

Actually it could be because they want you to call them so they can give a you a price per your application.

For example, say you want to get a price on 4.10 gearing for your 9.25" axle. The prices on 4.10 gearing may be different between a Ram 1500 or 2500 or a Ram Van.

This would be my guess at least.
Haha! You got that right. It figures I'm trying to price up a gear swap on a 3500, the only place that had a price for Dana 80 gears was $425 just for the ring and pinion. Tack on the front Dana 60 gears, full install kits with bearings and new carriers and it's just a BIT expensive!!! Not to mention labor and a traction device.

Maybe I'll hold off on buying that 1 ton I always wanted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.