DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
96 Ram Owner
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I'm writing a short paper on why Dodge makes the best full-size pickup for a research paper for college. I was wanting to include a few quotes from Dodge Ram owners... I figured what better place to get the info then Dodgetalk!

Only thing I need is your first and last name so I can cite it as a personal interview on my work cited.

Thanks, now lets hear it. Why do you think Dodge makes the best full-size pickups?

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
It's unstoppable in snow. I have yet to get stuck on the wintery roads. Had a 29" storm a few years ago and the roads were closed. It didnt really stop me and had no problems.

I also like Dodge's approach to things. They keep everything simple. enough options to keep everyone happy but not overly glorified like some. It IS a truck you know. Trucks are rough and rugged vehicles, not luxury rides.

That and they look cool, I actually like the 2nd gen's better than the 3rd. Chevy's just dont do it for me, they are to plain. And Ford is just, well it is Ford need i say more.

·
Registered
286 Posts
its mopar or no car!

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
For me its the little things like:

99,921 miles and I have only had it in the shop twice for a total of about $1300 worth of repairs.

BTW, I am just waiting for this truck to turn 100,000 so that I can pull over and take a picture. 35 years old and this will be the first truck that I have owned that I can actually watch it turn over.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Because Dodge has the HEMI, and everyone else wishes they had something like it! :D And besides, even if Chevy and Ford warranty their vehicles better now,they are only doing it to stay competitive. As for the Nissan Titan, I can't say anything good about that one(it's an eye-sore). :YUK:

Casey Borer

·
Registered
281 Posts
Three words.........

SOLID FRONT AXLE !

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm with danno on that one. They have the best body lines, and just seem to be more rugged and tough. And have the biggest Gas motors, and highest stance from the factory! Roddy Clark

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
It's got a V10. Also has the biggest gas engine. Tons of power to plow through anything and it sucks the middle east dry.

Jesse Kasziewicz

·
Registered
75 Posts
The looks, the macho lines of the truck, and the functional cupholders

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
To quote a Dodge Truck ad from the 60's

"Dodge Builds Tough Trucks"

·
Registered
75 Posts
1999, sorry moparram, had a 1996 on my job for a while, high mounted cupholder, daimler made a vast improvement in 1998 and even better in the 3gen, my 2005 truck on the job has even better ones

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i wouldn't mention the hemi, as it's not that great of an engine and really sucks gas. and....the new 3g's 1/2 tons don't have solid front axles.

'it's all in the special sauce."

mike schuler

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
I don't own a Ram, only an Adventurer from the early seventies. However my father bought one used and it is worth noting in this thread.

The Ram is a Black Laramie Quad Cab '98 1500 equipped with a 318. It has a beautiful stainless steel brush guard and is very powerful! It can pass on the freeway like no other truck owned before can. It has a good amout of legroom in the front passenger area, and its stock sound system sounds great.

It had racked up nearly 100,000 miles from a Rent-a-car agency before my Dad bought it, and it still rides nice today! Looking tough while acting out the part...Dodge really shouldn't be questioned as to being the best.

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
StitcheZ9x said:
Biggest cupholder in its class... Could fit a 40 in there with eaaasseee.

I SECOND THAT.. It fits everything short of a 2 liter bottle. I have yet to not fit a beverage..

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
If you mention Hemi, you have to also mention Cummins. Best diesel pickup engine in my opinion. A Cummins can produce as much torque (if not more in most cases) out of 6 cyl turbo diesel then a Ford Powerstroke 8 cyl diesel. You can hear a Powerstroke knocking from a mile away too.

My father-in-law has a 93 Dodge with well over 250,000 miles on his original Cummins diesel (not sure how many miles for sure because the odometer quit at around 250,000, and that was last year). And, it is a farm-use only pickup, so you know it gets abused.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Regardless of how many complaints you hear about Dodge trucks, I've had all three. Chevy, Ford, and now Dodge. I live in Michigan and have been pushing snow deeper than the hood, gone up 50 deg sand hills with snow and ice on them, and helped pull out most other trucks with a snatch strap. I have the 5.2 ( 318) which is a small V-8 and a few modifications, mostly bolt on ( headers, 3" exhaust, 180 tstat) and get reasonable mileage, about 14, and it's comfortable. I used to commute to KY ( 500 miles) and would drive 8-10 hours at a stretch and not get tired. best seats in the business and best sitting position, upright. lots of things in combination make a good vehicle. right now, 112k miles and the only thing I've had a problem with is a plugged cat conv and a couple of sensors over the years. plus, I still like the truck!!
Philip Cooke, Flint, MI

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.