DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new ram 2500 lwb quadcab. Added srt10 hood, tint, nerf bars and swapped out the grill for a sport grill. But while it looks better.. i still envision something more. I almost regret the lwb choice over the short as it seems to throw off the stance. I am waiting on a cover.... but I think the stock tires is really what is throwing me off...besides the fact I want the sport look and not the chrome look which i have (grill surround, and bumpers) Nice forged rims but those 265's are horribly size d for the vehicle. I think if I did a lift with new tires I would feel much better but after reading alot of 'rough ride' posts about how lift kits worsen the ride I am hesitant.

Has anyone done a lift of 4-6" with new tires and liked the ride? I dont want to go for looks and then the ride sucks. Looking for opinions...

·
Registered
460 Posts
IMHO if your worried that the longer wheel base is throwing the look off, you'd probably like it much better lifted some. I've seen lwb trucks stock and dropped, to me they seem to look "long"? But you get a descent lift on those bad boys and they are very intemidating(sp)!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well not worried and I dont want to sound like a jerk but I like the truck but it is like 'unfinished' or missing something to me. Maybe I saw one the way I wanted and have not done the mods yet? I just cant put my finger on it. But I wanted to try and figure it out before spending any more $$$.

I see car show pics of lifted trucks and get the chills.. so I guess I know my answer. But maybe some people can let me know their experiences with different lift kits/tires as I drive mainly on pavement.

Thanks kevin

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nah Prourl you don't sound like a jerk at all. I hear you about not wanting to spend the additional money untill your sure. I'm sure you'll drive to the store one day, and see a Ram that has the exact look you want. Then you'll know what to get! Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Post some shots of your ride and let us help you out bro... And yes, a Lifted LWB truck is just plain sexy man...

POst some pics...

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
............Thats the Damndest thing about these mods... The better they look, The more they tend to cost...

Whats Up with that!?!?!?!

They should make the UGLY HOMELY mods cost more... then we could prevent embarrasing Rams!

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
My dealer installed a 4" Superlift and 35s and it def helped out the lwb truck. I never got a chance to ride in it, however, they lifted a swb with 5" fabtech and 35s again and I went by last week to drive it - it drove surprisingly well - but Im looking for something I can beat the shiat outta - i dont know how well these COTS kits work (commercial off the shelf) in an off road situation... I want something like the KORE kits - I planning on designing my own lift and using some racing coil overs to acheive the stance I want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.