DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well It looks like I wont be getting the lift and tires for my 4wheelin truck this weekend like I hoped. I have had a suprising and costly day. HERES THE STORY. At around 11am this morning I headed from one job to the next. Once I got there My boss left to run some erends. Then I noticed I needed the screwgun he went to get to tear into this next proj. Well it was going to be about 30min or more till he got back. So I decided to go get some fuel (In my new used truck) And go to the bank. Well I turned off one road and when I was in the intersection the light turned red.(I was trying to beat the light). BIG MISTAKE. A cop saw it and pulled me over. When I was turning to get fuel. He gets my license and asks if I have insurance. I said no I just bought it. I Thought I had 30days to get insurance on it. NOPE. He comes back to the truck and tells me My license has been suspended since nov. :gr_bs: He couldent tell me why. So I get 3tickets Running a red light, No insurance, and no License . And then tells me MY TRUCK IS BEING IMPOUNDED!!! :nutkick: :VHOT: Concidering I dont have a license or insurance. ( I called my boss and siad I wasnt coming back to work)the cop said he would have waived the ins But I didnt have a license. I call get a ride. Then go to dmv and ask why it has been suspended. He says Failure to comply to a ticket I got ayear ago. One I have payed. He says the court doesnt tell them if the ticket has been payed so thats why it was canceld . And they dont always send out a notice of being suspended. I go to the court house . My steel toes set off the alarm so the guys frisks my legs and checks the rest of my body with the little detector. Then they couldent tell me anything because I need to go somwhere else in another city wich is closed. I then get ins and find out that a 18yo with 1 accident and 1 ticket has to pay $600 A/M for ins ona 01 CTD(still surching for a better one) I just needend the ins so I could get my truck out. Wich a friend of myne had to drive home. I might be leaving somthin out But it was a stressful day. $135 for impound, $247 for the red light, $451 for no lic , and $247 for the ins. OH yeah thats another reason I am PISSED since I wasnt informed of my License being susp (not my fault) I would have only had a redlight ticket of 247 and my truck wouldent have been impounded. So thanksalot whoever the A$$whole to blame is. Wich the redlight and ins were my fault I understand. Oh and yes this wouldent have happend if I had been patient maybe. Since I wouldent have know of my lic being suspended and if I got pulled over another time and have the same thing happen. Sorry I couldent think of a way to make this shorter.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
That sucks man. I thought insurance was covered for 30 days too after you buy a truck. Maybe you can get some of your money back since they didn't tell you, you had no license.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That sucks Talk about having a bad day

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
you're covered on insurance if it's to replace a vehicle. You have a truck and it's covered... trade it in for a new one and you have a 30 day grace period to actually have it transfered over. However if you are just purchasing it and no prior insurance... you're not covered.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck. It could have been much worse though. If you had an accident and injured someone you would have been paying for many years to come. My uncle found out the hard way when a drunk stepped off a curb infront of him on his way home from a dealer with a new used car for my aunt. Cost them a bundle! I have never driven without insurance because of their experience.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I didnt trade my old truck in. I did have insurance on my old one but not on that one. Another good question. Why would they insure me without a license? I would think the insurance company would be notified of my license being suspended. But we'll see how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.