DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the cooling system flushed and only broke 2 things today.. The coolant sensor and a bolt into the intake manifold. :ugh

$17.00 later, some Quick Steel for the bolt hole, and a few prayers.. the CEL light is off and no leaks!! The Quick Steel is sealing the bolt hole till I can have a shop go in and extract the other piece. Thank God the broken bolt is the one directly behind the alt. Looks like a straight shot with an extractor. This is the second time Quick Steel has saved my butt!! 5 yrs ago, the radiator on my Mercedes split open leaving me stranded in Cali. I used it as a temporary patch to get me 350 miles to Phoenix. I ended up selling the car to some kid who drove it like that for over a year until he blew the motor. The Benz dealer wanted almost $500 for a new radiator!!

Why do the simplest 45min jobs always turn into 3 day jobs? LOL!! At least my heater is SUPER HOT now :D

:whackit:

:1owned:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I seem to have that same luck these days. I guess I'm just getting too old to work on this stuff anymore.
The experience you & I seem to have is one reason I take some stuff to the shop. The only problem it seems, are the easiest of jobs end up the hardest.
So if you come up with another answer let me know.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
thats why you have a few beers before you work on something lmao

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thatfunny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.