DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the thread about the throttle bodies that the fastman ported for some members on here and it sounds like a really nice mod. So I was thinking that maybe we could get a group buy going especially since there seems to be a big interest in this mod. If you are interested in one of these tb's for the Hemi, post up in this thread and if there is a big response I will contact Dan (the fastman) and see if something can be arranged as far as a group buy goes. I figured it can't hurt to ask, right?

Also, I think it would be good to list if you would want your current tb ported out or if you would want him to purchase a new one and port it. I personally would go with a new one because I can't afford to have my truck out of commision (at least not until June, July or August when summer vacation rolls around :SPIN: )

·
Registered
966 Posts
I would be interested in having mine ported.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Once again...

Im down!

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll start a list and when we get to 10 I will contact Dan.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
are we talking ported new unit or ported exchange or send yours in so you get the same one back?

I think i would want a new ported unit so i can keep my stock one but it all depends on price i guess.

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
oh oh oh!!!!

Wait.........I already have one. Damnit! :cool:

By the way, normal pricing for the Ram is $185 total. That is a new TB, porting and shipping. Thats for 06-08. $85 for porting yours (75 to port, 10 to ship).

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!!! I wouldn't jump on this too soon. Dan called us up yesterday and was discussing about making an 83-85 mm throttle body for our trucks with Denny. I'd give the man a few weeks and see what happens. I'm sure Dan will figure it out and still keep his price point within reason.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Not that it would make any difference for my 3.7... But I can wait

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
oh oh oh!!!!

Wait.........I already have one. Damnit! :cool:

By the way, normal pricing for the Ram is $185 total. That is a new TB, porting and shipping. Thats for 06-08. $85 for porting yours (75 to port, 10 to ship).
But you can't do a core exchange? This is my baby I can't have her down. :(
For the ones who've done it already, does it make a difference?

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
No core exchange on the Hemi TBs.........the electronics are integrated - not like the 4.7s. He has no way to test them, so no cores.

I love mine! Check out this thread.

And yeah - I am with Sil on this one!

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
No core exchange on the Hemi TBs.........the electronics are integrated - not like the 4.7s. He has no way to test them, so no cores.

I love mine! Check out this thread.

And yeah - I am with Sil on this one!
Even if you buy a new TB and have him port it for $185, that's a great price too. Considering the other two offerings are over $300+.

Sil

·
Registered
337 Posts
put me down, my truck is going to be down here soon, so i can paint or debadge the badges on my truck and i use my fiancee's car now that the roads ant to bad. What gains will porting the tb have on the 06 hemi

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Kill the thread!

Im sorry I had to ask Dan myself.

Dan Arcand said:
I do not believe in group buys. I figure to put the price low to begin with and then there is no waiting for enough people, getting the money, and all the hassles of a group buy etc. I have had all my TB prices down very low for a long time. DT has always had a slight discount that I pretty much gave everybody through the years. The new Hemi TB's I am extremely low compared to everybody and I always have much better quality in anything I do. I appreciate your effort to try and get something going but I am as low as I care to go for the quality I am offering. Tell me what you are looking for and I will treat you right.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
I have been reading the thread about the throttle bodies that the fastman ported for some members on here and it sounds like a really nice mod. So I was thinking that maybe we could get a group buy going especially since there seems to be a big interest in this mod. If you are interested in one of these tb's for the Hemi, post up in this thread and if there is a big response I will contact Dan (the fastman) and see if something can be arranged as far as a group buy goes. I figured it can't hurt to ask, right?

Also, I think it would be good to list if you would want your current tb ported out or if you would want him to purchase a new one and port it. I personally would go with a new one because I can't afford to have my truck out of commision (at least not until June, July or August when summer vacation rolls around :SPIN: )
I have a spare TB from my 04 hemi ram while i sent mine to dan to be ported. Ill sell it to you for $100 shipped.

·
Registered
637 Posts
yeah, dan is more than fair. I think I will end up buying a new one for my 3.7 as well. Everyone who has gotten one so far hasnt had any complaints so im pretty excited!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.