DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
clear wheels

I wonder when we will see these rims on a ram and how much?
I think it's a dumb idea, i rather have some chrome rims then clear but thats just me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You'd have to take them off to clean them or they wouldn't be clear for long.

Pretty cool looking though, for a showcar.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
STraight show car status. I'd roll those on one side and my regular rims on the other. That way, no exposed hub...they can look through it and see your fancy brake package with ease. :)

KB

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
there cool for shows!!!!!!

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the little article that was with the pics:

For all the crazy rides on display at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, it seems every year a pair of rims manages to attract the most attention. A few years ago it was the arrival of 30-inch rims. Last year it was the $1,000,000 rims from Asanti. This year all we've heard about are these clear wheels that we just have to go check out, so check them out we did before the show closed last night. The D'Vinci Forgiato Radurra wheels are made from polycarbonate and are totally transparent where one would expect to see spokes. The wheel on display featured 1.5-inch think polycarbonate, while the set installed on the Mercedes-Benz CLS had 2-inch thick polycarobonate. Each wheel costs $2,000, which is a bargain compared to the $250k you need to cough up roll on just one Asanti rim. You'll need the extra dough, though, to keep these clear wheels clean of brake dust.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think those wheels look amazing, but I can think of much better ways to spend $8000 on my truck.

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Interesting, but cant be too effective in brake cooling IMO... :IDEA:

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
I don't care for them too much. I'd rather have a nice chrome wheel to show off.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
On the right vehicle they are bad ass!!!

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
I think the heat from braking will distort the Lexan, not to mention that the Lexan will scratch easily....just wiping them down over time will make them cloudy let alone the drake dust. I would be leary of the strength of them as well IMO

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I hereby copywrite the phrase " my car is floatin' " before all the rapper's do :D

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
That is sweet!
I would throw some LED glow lights behind them. Way too cool!
I wonder what the thickness of the plastic is. Eitherway, It has to be real strong. :rck:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Haha I think they are sweet. As previously stated they would be awesome for a show car/truck.

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Tough for a daily driver but I promise those would look badass on a lowered black Ram in 22 or 24 size. Put some nice brakes on it. It would look badass.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The Lexan is 1.5" thick on 20's and 2" thick on 22's.

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
I would like to see them sandwich 2 pieces together, and fill the center with water and put some goldfish in there, a few seashells, some sand, etc..
Everytime you stop you would have a diff beach scene..
L.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.