DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my ball joints, and trying to figure out which ones are the best.

Thanks - Ryan

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
i can only think of Carli suspension ones being greasable, but there are $$$ and only make the uppers...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Check out Moog.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well... I broke down and bought some greasable Precision ball joints from Napa. They were pretty salty at approximately $95 per joint, so I hope these last longer than the orginals.

Took my truck into the dealer today to have the engine reflashed under recall, and I was giving them some grief about all the parts worn out on my truck at 53k miles. Upper ball joints, front axle u-joints, unit hub bearings, etc. They claim that its uncommon to wear out this early.

·
Weenie Wagon Man
2 Posts
Well with only 50,000 mile on my 2003 Dodge 2500, SLT, with Hemi 5.7L, I found through inspection that I once again have to replace the lower ball joints for a second time and now also the uppers as well. NOT common???? Looks like Moog is the way to go.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well... I hope the napa brand will hold up... I will grease them every 5k miles.

I also complained to the dealer about the reports I've heard about the rear shaft u-joints seizing, which is common on non-greasable joints. The mechanic actually tried to tell me that greasable jionts can cause a worse vibration than factory jionts. I've never heard anything like that before.

hopefully the front end work will fix my vibe issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.