DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
I think the 360 is a fantastic engine. You can really make some power with those....especially for towing. Unfortunately, they put those crappy 518 OD trannys behind them. If not for that, I'd most likely have gotten a 360 when I bought my truck (especially since the Hemi wasn't an option then).

2-Stroke, the cummins is a 359. And cant be accounted for in this forum =)

Well, might as well put in my 2 cents. My wifes 99 Durango has 85K on it and have not had 1 problem. My 02 Ram also. And oh yea, change that oil every 3000k. You would be amazed how long any engine will last when you do that. Gas Mileage? Who cares, company buys my gas. LOL :gr_patrio

Holy crap look at the size of the signature fonts. better change that now. :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I was d@m proud of my old (Hog) a.k.a. 360, simple because it was my first pickup...

I was d@m proud of my old (Hog) a.k.a. 360, simple because it was my first pickup, and other than warped rotors: it never played me false or give me cause to trade it. Until my dealer screwed up my "black" paint by washing it with a coarse brush. They had to re-paint the entire truck, which was the kiss of death: because they never did get my paint right. So I'm Hemi - ing it these days, and learned to be proud of another (Hog) a.k.a. (Hemi)

H-og
O-n
G-as
:D

BrandonSC said:
No offense to the Hemi guys, but I am proud of my 360! I have heard some of you fellas complain about some of the problems the Hemis have, and it makes me feel happy I got the 5.9. You guys have more power and I do admire that about your Hemis! Also, Hemis are still relatively new and there aren't many aftermarket parts for them. I am seriously considering stroking the 360 to a 408. That would get me close you to guys! To sum it all up, I AM DAMN PROUD OF MY 360!
My family used to have a 1975 Dodge Sportsman B-250 passenger van equipped with an LA 360 V8 and a 727 TorqueFlite three speed automatic transmission. :cool:

I still miss it. :bawl: I called it "Tank". ;)

Hemi Pete, just out of curiosity and because it's not in your profile, what do you drive now?

FreeLantz said:
Hemi Pete, just out of curiosity and because it's not in your profile, what do you drive now?
Well shortly before I was forced to get rid of the Blue Thunder (1972 Dodge Adventurer D-100), I was given Puddle Jumper...or PJ for short. :D

PJ is a 1986 Toyota Tercel DX. Its powertrain includes a 3A-C 1.5L I4 and a three speed automatic transaxle. :crazy:

Compared to the Blue Thunder, PJ is nothing.

PJ's 62hp and 75tq versus Blue's 190hp and 272tq...there is no comparason!

Hemi Pete said:
Well shortly before I was forced to get rid of the Blue Thunder (1972 Dodge Adventurer D-100), I was given Puddle Jumper...or PJ for short. :D

PJ is a 1986 Toyota Tercel DX. Its powertrain includes a 3A-C 1.5L I4 and a three speed automatic transaxle. :crazy:

Compared to the Blue Thunder, PJ is nothing.

PJ's 62hp and 75tq versus Blue's 190hp and 272tq...there is no comparason!
LOL.... 62 horsepower? I think the EZ-Go's we use at the dealership have more power than that! :D

Let's hope there is another Dodge in your not-too-distant future!

gac_gonejeepin said:
62 horses isn't bad at all!

...if it's in a go-cart lol
Ha ha haah! ;D

Well it is bad in a four-door/hatchback, five seater vehicle. ;)

I'm sure I could mod up the engine a little bit, but now that PJ will never get out of the Smog Check tyranny...that idea has been ditched. :VHOT:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.