DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Is Proud Of Their 360!?

2K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  Hemi Pete 
Had 2 2nd Gen Rams( 4X4, RC, SB )with the 360's and loved them. A good motor. Gas MPG sucked in a big way though. Never could get better than 13-14 max. Got an 04 Ram QC 4X4 with the HEMI and love it more though AND I can get 20MPG highway with it. The truck itself is better and the engine is definitly better( ie; power, driveability, & MPG )

The 360's had their share of trouble in the Rams too. I don't think the HEMI really has had too many issues. Some but all engines do and really the majority of the HEMI troubles aren't even engine troubles. They are more truck problems in general( ie; computer, rear end, body, etc... ).

The 5.7L engines themselves haven't had a lot of problems. Again, some but nothing overwhelming. Mine hasn't had any. The only thing my HEMI has is the tick and frankly it sounds the same as the tick the 360 had( fuel injectors ). All my Rams have had a very similar ticking/rattling/clicking type noise. The 94 w/318 had it, the 97 & 01 w/360's had it, the 03 w/ 4.7 had it, and now the 04 with 5.7L has it.

Nothing wrong with the 360 it was a great motor for a long time. Nothing wrong with the HEMI either. Be proud of what you drive even if it is a 3.7L V-6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.