DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info on the chrome ebay intake that retains the factory hemi hat...for those of you that have this kit or know someone that has it...are the 2 intake tubes the same size, or are they different?? Also, if they are the same size or very close to the same size, who was the seller?? My brother wants some for his truck, but he needs 2 that are the same size. He has tried to contact the seller , but the guy has not responded to his emails, so I figured I would ask you guys...Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't know anyone but if the seller isn't responding I wouldn't bother with him.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
I bought mine off ebay....user name chromeintakes. I dont have the exact one your talking about i have the full set with out the HEMI hat. The pieces are all the same size just connected together with at the blue parts with hose clamps...here are some pics....hope this helps:

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pics so far...does anyone have the intake I posted pics of though?? Thats the one he needs because he wants to keep the engine cover. He needs to make sure that it will fit the same as it will on the hemi hat. He has a v6.

·
03_HEMI
578 Posts
i have one of those it hooks right up same size and all. i have the 6090 i think it been a long time since i bought it

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
03_HEMI said:
i have one of those it hooks right up same size and all. i have the 6090 i think it been a long time since i bought it
There are 2 tubes in this kit...I know that they are both 3.5" tubes but are both tubes the same length?? Tnhat might be what you were saying in your reply, so I might have just misread it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought the kit from Intake Power. To do it right, you need to fabricate a bracket to hold the filter up a little. He sends you 3 or 4 white zip ties to secure it to whatever you can. I used a 3" U-bolt and a flat bar with some lock nuts and painted it flat black. As for the tube for your crankcase ventilation, it doesn't fit snugly into the filler hole. I modified mine a bit with a piece of 5/8" hose to make it look like it almost belonged there. In all honesty, I say pass on it because it's no good unless you get some kind of insulation for it. The tube gets hotter than the devil's throne when you run the truck for more than a few minutes so it kind of defeats the purpose. Sounds excellent, though! Really makes the truck sound alive. Didn't help too much in the way of performance. Maybe a little HP in the top end when you step in it to pass someone. I put the HEMI hat back on until I get some insulation or something for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.