DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Western 7'6" Pro Plus plow on my 05 2500 today. Was wondering if anybody is having any overheating issues.

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
I saw a post on another site where a guy put a plow on a 1500 (bad idea), and he was having serious overheating problems.

·
15,912 Posts
Your plow is blocking the air flow to the radiator. If you lower your plow so it is just above the road while you are driving, then you will get air to the radiator. When it is not snowing out you should have the plow off the truck.

·
Totally Hemi Crazy!
320 Posts
cbrumit said:
I just installed a Western 7'6" Pro Plus plow on my 05 2500 today. Was wondering if anybody is having any overheating issues.
I have the same truck and plow and mine will overheat also if the plow is riding up too high, also I angle it all the way over to one side or the other and it helps.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
i live in texas now but grew up in new york 50 miles from montreal canada and always had plows and they will all overheat if you drive distance with the plow all the way up and straight across

angle the plow and let it ride as low as you safely can without rubbing the road when you hit bumps

also there is usually a chain you can hook in a slot then let the weight of the plow hang on the chain to prevent the plow from to much bouncing up and down and also helps on the wear of the front end of the truck due to bumps/bouncing while driving the truck a lot with the plow attached

when you are plowing there should be no over heating issues( if there is there is something else wrong) due to the fact that the plow is on the ground most of the and when it is on the ground it is not blocking the grill/radiator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.