DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting a whistling noise when driving my truck. :cuss: It sounds like it is coming from the front, I don't know where though. I thought it was the mirrors, folded them in, nothing. I can't see how it'd be the grill I tried to adjust it to straighten it up but it didn't have much adjustment. It really is noticeable from 45-55 (figures). Has anyone experienced this or have an idea for me to try. It's driving me insane. :crazy:
Oh, and also I noticed my Recon cab lights had water in them after I washed my truck. I thought they were sealed units. Anyone else had this?

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
hmm the moisture in the lights scares me, i may not do the cab lights now:SHK:

and as far as the whistlin goes, i'm bettin that you need new weatherstrippin

which is wierd cause it's an 08, the factory stuff should last at least a few years, i would think

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Hmmm...maybe you are right about the weatherstrip. Do you think they would have visible wear or tears that could be doing it?
definatly, there would be tears that you would notice

my 02 has several visable tears on the weatherstrippin, and when the wind is goin fast enough at just the right angle, i can actually feel the wind comin through the door:VHOT::truestory:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Is it the deer whistles on the bumper... :)

Check your weather stripping!

·
Premium Member
30,916 Posts
Remove the antenna and see if the noise goes away ... :)

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hell, its an 08 - let the dealer figure it out.
Lol maybe you are right. I would take it to the dealer but they would say something like...and i quote "Customer states whistling/wind noise. Technician could not duplicate problem." Then I'll get back in my truck and drive down the road with it whistling.

I will try the antenna thing too.

·
Big Daddy Wayno
179 Posts
I have an 06 that doeas the same thing....I was wondering if it was the antenna....thats where it sounds like its comming from....my weather stripping looks ok too.....let me know if the antenna is it...

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I will take the antenna off (I was too lazy to run out there and try it today) but it would seem odd that would do it now and not before...but I kinda hope it is it's pretty loud and really annoying. I would like a shorty antenna anyway. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
I get a noise coming from the passenger side door, i just drop my window a hair and it goes away. Almost as if when the window is maxed out it springs the window frame just enough to break the seal on the A pillar.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Don't have those. And I checked the weather strips they seem to be in excellent condition. Any other ideas?
Damn, just trying to make a joke brother!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
30,916 Posts
Was there not a TSB on the door wind noise?

:)

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damn, just trying to make a joke brother!:rolleyes:
I know I wasn't trying to sound like a @$$ it just kinda happened.
It's weird because the wind noise just started. I can hear it when the radio is off and I would've noticed it before.

I was thinking of taking masking tape and/or paper and sealing different joints (left door, right door, hood gaps, around windshield) and see if I could make it stop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.