DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately the weather has been nice around here, so Ive been driving around with all my windows open, but have noticed a new noise I havent heard prior to this past winter. I know the dodge's transmissions have like a droning sound between first and second gears, but theres a different yet another distinctive whine when the acellorator is pressed. I'm guessing it may be the transmission as well, but not sure. Any ideas? and how serious the problem may be?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Sounds like to me you may have the same problem I have, a bad alternator. Makes me think the dealer needs to take care of it, mine has doen is since 38,000 now I have 40,000.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines at 33,000 now, so I sort of want to bring it in and have them go over the entire truck, and fix everything thats on warrenty, before I got to pay the 100 dollar deductible. Im hoping its just an alternator, but cant really tell from the drivers seat. I got to call Dodge in the morning to see if they can locate where a water leak into the cab is comming from anyway, so thats another thing I got to have them look at. I just wanted to get some opinions of what people think it may be. Other than this, ive had no real problems with the truck, and the new exhaust I put on it has greatly improved my gas milage, and has given my lil baby alot more pickup.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
You should have no problems at 33,000. I'm pissed about the alternator. Just out of warranty. This is the kind of crap that made GM and Ford go to junk status. Chrysler better take a look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Acctually I just had my power steering pump replaced. Few weeks ago I was rotating my tires, changing my tranny fluid, and checking the brake pads, I noticed oil all over the front swaybar (?) was like "WTF" and took my mag light under the engine and searched for the cause. Noticed the power steering pump was leaking. So they replaced that whole assembly. Besides, I had a pt cruiser, that no matter how many times I took it to chrysler to have the power steering fixed, they never fixed it. every time I turned the wheel, was this loud embarrising whine. They replaced the pump in that, didnt solve the problem, changed its fluid a bunch of times, no luck. eventually thats why I gave up and traded it in for my ram.

·
Registered
187 Posts
where's your leak mine leaked when it rain through the positive air flow vent behind the rear seat it dripped water into the cubbies under the seat until i sealed it with silicone

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sure you didn't leave your wife in the back of the truck?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when it rains, the "oh shit handle" on the drivers side leaks water from the upper screw hole. I pulled the interior apart thinking it may be from the mounting holes from my bar light, so I used a hose to douse the lightbar area to see where it was comming from, but no leaks were found, but I repocked all of the mounting holes, put everything back together, and last rain storm it did it again. Im thinking it MAY be comming from the top part of the windshield, as I noticed the 03 and up's design, theres no rubber stopper between the glass and the roof of the cab. I dont know, just got to take it to dodge, and hopefully they can find it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
there is a tsb on water leaks from the grab handle.i have seen it somewhere on this site.maybe do a search.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.