DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes 2005 grand caravan with the 3.8l engine (50k miles) started making a whining noise in the morning when the engine is cold. When you accelerate the noise seems to get louder and when you let off the accelerator it goes down. After about 15 to 20 min of driving it goes away. I need help figuring out what this could be.

· Registered
2 Posts
I've got the same problem with my '03 3.8L Grand Caravan. I popped the hood and tried to figure out where it was coming from and it sounds like its in the serpentine belt, tensioner area. Might it be bearings? It's an annoying sound...like a bee buzzing around in the engine compartment...

· Registered
629 Posts
This is becoming a common problem and from everything I have read and checked out it is coming from the power steering pump , as the pump ages supposedly there is screen at the bottom of the reservoir that becomes a little clogged and causes this noise , seeing it on my 04 already at 60000 miles ... someone said you can suck some fluid out of the reservoir and put in some Lucas power steering treatment it will help it or you can replace the pump , about 300 at the dealer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.