DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I would like to say this is a great forum.... My question is ;which plug wire seems to stand above the rest? I was looking at the Taylors, Moto Blue and Msd.. Moto Blue is claiming 15-17 rwhp because of the lower ohms resistance.. On a side note thinking about doing a cam and valvespring change and was quoted 900 for total cost of the labor.. Is that about right? I was looking at the Comp Cams XFI 260 cause I still pull a utility trailer loaded this quads and need the extra torque.

Thanks...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would lead to Taylor Thundervolts. 50 ohms resistance, if memory serves. What most of the world does not know, is they make the wires for the majority of the other brands out there....MSD for example.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did not know that :huh:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
WIRES??? can actually give u 17 RWHP?!?!?! wow... anybody have hard evidence on this? if so, i'm ordering them right away

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
simioh said:
WIRES??? can actually give u 17 RWHP?!?!?! wow... anybody have hard evidence on this? if so, i'm ordering them right away
you will not see anywhere near that kind of power increase with new wires on our trucks...you will be lucky to gain 3rwhp with them. IMO they just look good and may make your truck run a tad smoother, but you arent going to pick up any noticable performance gain with them.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
yeah... thats what i thought... where did u get these numbers? hahaha (funny)

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
simioh said:
yeah... thats what i thought... where did u get these numbers? hahaha (funny)
moto blue is the company that also posted a false dyno graph for their pulley, and on to pof that, it was causing people to break their toner rings...so I wouldnt trust any numbers you see from that company.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I remember hearing somebody say they dyno tested a few sets of wires and there was little/no gain from any of them over stock. Since Mopar is putting the Taylor shorties on their crate Hemis, I would follow their lead.

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
As Matt said, the Taylor shorties just dress the engine up, nothing more..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies.... I will defintely go with the Taylors and NGK plugs...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, wires will not give you any hp increase....unless your old ones are causing misfires. The whole resistance arguement is fairly moot when we are talking about voltages this high and when a stock old broken down wire can carry the current at the speed of light and the spark will jump at least a half inch air gap at the end of it...
But that being said.....Those pretty colored fat mm ones do make me sleep better at night.
On a no cheating dyno run, you could possibly see 1-2 hp due to wires..
I would think indexing and j-gapping plugs could give more..

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
first, the $900 for the cam/springs install sounds about $150 too high.
when Taylor tested the shorty wires they were tested by a company that i deal with and know and trust the guy who tested them.
the shorty wires gave 2 rwhp
the full length taylor thundervolt 50 wires gave 4 rwhp.
there's the factor also that dynos aren't perfect and sometimes inconsistent.
i like the idea of the low resistance thundervolts to have 50 ohms resistance per foot.
the 8mm taylors spiro pro's have 350 ohms resistance per foot.
the stock wires, as told to me by taylor, have about 10,000 ohms resistance per foot.
i have the taylor shortys and ngk 5306 plugs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Moes Performance this is Joe the one that bought your wires and plugs.. Do you know where I could get the cam and valvesprings installed for around 750 if so that would be awesome!!! It was nice talking a fellow gear head and looking to do more business with you in the future.....

Thanks....

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Hey Joe,
I've got a great installer! He lives about 3 miles from me. I can get you in touch with him. He did my cam/heads etc. and will do more work for me in the future.
Gimme a call!
thanks,
bob

hemitime03 said:
Hey Moes Performance this is Joe the one that bought your wires and plugs.. Do you know where I could get the cam and valvesprings installed for around 750 if so that would be awesome!!! It was nice talking a fellow gear head and looking to do more business with you in the future.....

Thanks....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:rck: You got it..... Thanks Bob.....

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
This should be alot easier on the coil packs using the shorty wires?
Where did you guys purchase these wires and how uch?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
TREP R/T said:
This should be alot easier on the coil packs using the shorty wires?
Where did you guys purchase these wires and how uch?
www.airram.com <--- he's a sponsor for dodgetalk ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.