DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all...It's time for me to replace my shocks, and I'm interested in the Rancho 5000's, but the RSX17000's also interest me. The price for the 17000s are only $15 more than the 5000's, but are there noticeable differences? Also, could anyone tell me where, besides summitracing.com, to get a good price on them? And for those of you who have them on your D's, which part numbers you need? I have seen several different numbers for my D. I have a 99 4wd, and am looking for stock height shocks...thanks!!!

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
I had the RSX on my D for about 3 months, they are very, very stiff. I'd go wtih the 9000s first, then the 5000s.

1998DN (a.k.a. Fred) is running the 9000s on his '98 D. I'm not sure of the p/n but summit or jegs should carry them for OEM height Ds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Few more things...

I've heard that the 9000s are very, very stiff. I will do some towing and hauling, and the occasional off road. My wife has a tendency to go off and onto curbs. (Surprised to see she actually knows how to articulate terrain when she's 'urban off-roading'.)

Hope this helps get some good data.

thanks!

·
Registered
662 Posts
The 9000's can be stiff, but they are 9 way adjustable i believe. With these shocks you can either have a very stiff setting, very soft, or anywhere in between!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The 9000's are fully adjustable so who ever told you they were too stiff, either has never used them, seen them or has no clue he can adjust them... I have only heard good things about them... The two front runners on replacements are the RS9000 and the Bilsteins...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.