Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got my 2006 CTD 4X4 with an auto. Which programmer would you all recommend as a safe one for the auto tranny? I do not want to get crazy, just a little more power and changes to the tranny's shifting pattern.

I have an Expedition with a Diablo tuner that allows transmission changes to pressure, shift points, firmness etc.

I do not want to increase performance on this truck with a tuner and then worry about ruining the stock tranny because the tuner does not address it. I would also like a tuner that allows changes like the Diablo if possible. As I understand it, the Edge is a plug and play unit that only allows changes from tune to tune but does not allow you to tune it yourself. Am I right in this or wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Well everyone here will pretty much tell you to get what they have. There have been countless posts lately on people asking which programmer is better.

From what I've read, the Bully Dog seems the fastes. As for saftey, I'd have to think the Edge is. It has automatic defueling when ever something gets to extreme, ie if your egts are too high, it'll defuel, if the tranny starts to slip, it'll defuel, if the motor is still cool, below 174*F it will not give you full power till its up to temp.....

They both have settings to change, from pansy to performace, but I don't think you can actaully do any tuning yourself. I may be wrong about that though. I have heard of programers that plug into a computer and crap that you can upgrade and make changes, but I haven't really heard anyone mention it hear, at least not lately.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
200cs said:
Hi,

I just got my 2006 CTD 4X4 with an auto. Which programmer would you all recommend as a safe one for the auto tranny? I do not want to get crazy, just a little more power and changes to the tranny's shifting pattern.

I have an Expedition with a Diablo tuner that allows transmission changes to pressure, shift points, firmness etc.

I do not want to increase performance on this truck with a tuner and then worry about ruining the stock tranny because the tuner does not address it. I would also like a tuner that allows changes like the Diablo if possible. As I understand it, the Edge is a plug and play unit that only allows changes from tune to tune but does not allow you to tune it yourself. Am I right in this or wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.
First of all, a diesel performance box or downloader is COMPLETELY different than what you have in your gasser.

Ok, with that out of the way, you may want to go with an Edge EZ (which increases hp up to about +70 or so). Or, as stated above, you can go with an Edge Juice that you can get gauges and safety settings to keep you from doing much harm. Of course, you'll have to keep it on the lower settings only (1 -3) like I said I would in the begining. (oops, that didn't last long! :D )

There are others out there, but from your description, I would say that those two are your best options.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok then,

I am leaning towards the Edge product or maybe Bullydog. But I want to do a little more research before I decide. I want to break it in first also as it has 1500 miles on it right now. Thanks again for the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.