DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im about to order a new plenum pan for my beer barrel intake. ive had it apart forever now. i did some smoothing on the runners and i polished the outside, it looks really good.

my question is what plenum pan should i go with -- hughes or aps precision ??
im not sure is it really makes a difference, but id like to see if anyone recommends one over the other. i have a 98 durango with 5.9 4x4

another question is should i order the actual intake-to-head gaskets online too, or just go to the dodge dealer?? i plan on just going to the dealer. any reason why i shouldnt (not as good brand or cost??)

thanks-dan

·
Registered
140 Posts
From what I have read, they are equally good products. I personally went with Hughes. No particular reason, except that I had their site saved in my "favorites" and it was easy to get to. I also ordered the gaskets from them. They were Fel-Pro and can be purchased at any local auto parts store. I will say that the customer service was excellent, as was the product. I had a positive enough experience that I recently placed a $3K+ order with them.

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
APS Precision. I bought one a couple of weeks ago from them. Placed the order on a Thursday night, got it Monday afternoon. Comes with bolts, gasket, loctite and instructions.

edit: added gasket

·
Registered
827 Posts
dealer has updated METAL gasket. They also supply new pre loctited bolts for about 40 cents each(15 needed i think)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.