DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've decided to go with the Power Stops and Hawk pads. i'm just not sure if i should go wit the Performance HPS ones or the Superdurty pads. i kind of want to go with the SDs since they're $20 cheaper.

any opinions? i'll probably be ordering in the next couple of hours.

i finally got sick of having warped rotors for the last 10,000 miles.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
I have the Power Stop and Hawk HPS combo. Go for the HPS - you won't be disappointed.

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$262.80 for the gold cadmium plated Power Stop drilled rotors and Hawk HPS pads. i thought it was going to be more, but i didn't have to pay shipping. i got them through Summit because i've always had good luck with them (bought a lot of stuff from them for my 5.0 mustang i used to have).

i'll let you guys know what i think once they get here and i install them.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
same combo I got. Ensure you remove your brake fluid resevoir cap and watch the level while you compress the caliper, I ended up spilling fluid b/c I didn't watch the first one. :IDEA:

The HPS pads will grab a little better once they are warm, the first stop in the morning won't be scarry or anything but you'll see the difference in a cold pad and a warm pad.

Today, I did my first heavy stop near lock up and they were fantastic - so smooth and perfectly flat - amazing how much warping I had (but didn't notice until I put on the new parts).

Attachments

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
From what I have seen, the super duty are not well suited to typical daily driver appllications. They are more intended to racing apps where you will be doing alot of heavy braking for extended periods. I think they dont grab real well if they are heated up first.

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
a buddy of mine that works at a shop is going to install them for me so i'm not to worried about any mess ups (i've just got to bring some beer).

summit called to confirm my shipping address today (since it's different from my billing) and they said the pads are coming from nevada and the rotors are coming from ohio. i sounded a bit dissapointed (i decided to give it a shot) on the phone and they said they'd 2nd day air the rotors for me.

anyways, all the stuff should be here by friday and i should be getting them put on saturday afternoon. i'll post what i think about them once they're on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.