DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I need some input. I have 2005 RC rumble bee 2wd that I have lifted and a 2003 nissan 350Z. I have car payments in excess of $500 on each. I've decided that I need to sell one of them. Not because I can't afford it, I just don't want two large car payments every month. Which should I pick. Up until just a few minutes ago I had decided that it was going to be the truck. After looking at some of the pictures of lowered Reg. Cab's I am starting to reconsider my decision. Again, my truck is lifted and now I'm thinking that I might want to lower it. Both vehicles have lots of power, but both have very stiff suspension. I can't do much about the car's suspension. So I'm wondering what kind of ride quality you guys with lowered rams have. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

2,395 Posts
well it's ultimatly your decision, but a question you could ask yourself is, What would you have the most fun doing...going offroad or going fast? or take some money from the Z if you sell it, and put an STS turbo with SMT6 on the bee, and go off road and go fast!!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
They are both not multi passenger vehicles, as the ram only seats 3 and the Z fits 2. The Z's are fun to drive without a doubt, I put my Dad's through the paces when he let me use it one night. :D But you can never haul anything in the back of a Z, hell you can't even really grocery shop in one. lol But its what ever is more functional for you. A lowered ram with the right shocks, a c-notch and rear air support bags can ride very smooth.

KB

·
New Mopar Man
260 Posts
Stick with the truck, more functionality. Unless you dont really need it for any hauling, I use my bed all the time though so this would be a no brainer for me. Pick which one would be best for you and your tasks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sell the one you don’t want to keep. You will have to decide. I have problem getting rid of stuff that I like. When I bought my Ram I was going to sell my Dakota. But I like it too. I have decided to keep it. I have too many vehicles. Only me and the wife with seven vehicles.

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
KEEP THE TRUCK... Z's are fun but every man needs a pick-up.. I agree

"There's somethin' women like about a pickup man..."

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand
:gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat: :gr_patrio :can_pat:

SELL THE CAR

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I really.. REALLY had to choose between keeping my truck or my vette... The vette would be history.
Toys come/go. It's a btch living w/o a truck. Been there / Done that.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
06ramhemi said:
KEEP THE TRUCK... Z's are fun but every man needs a pick-up.. I agree

"There's somethin' women like about a pickup man..."[/QUOTE]
we us short bed people have to change the chorus from 8 foot bed to 6 foot

·
Registered
167 Posts
Keep the truck...you can get a beater car and make it go fast if you really want to...heck a 90's mustang with the 5.0 would probably be close to the same speed as the 350. And those are fairly cheap. Take the money you save and dump it into mods.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
:rck: Dude keep the Truck :rck:

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
coming from someone who has their go-fast toy and their truck

sell the truck

I lived for a while without driving my truck, I drive my truck to go pickup something and I"m like "ahhh wtb speed"

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
There's a lot of things you can't do when you don't own a pickup truck, or at least some kind of truck-based vehicle. Personally, I've come to realize I can't be without a 4x4.

But I want a new Charger R/T......bad.

So when the lease is up on the Dakota, I will either keep it and pay off the difference, and then lease a Charger -- or, I will turn in the Dak and buy a 4x4 truck of some kind for weekend fun while the new Charger is my "daily driver".

Whether or not I get the '00 4x4 Durango I'm trying to buy from an old friend might determine how the rest unfolds. :)

But while I am a truck person and can't imagine living without one, there are many others who bought pickups over the last few years who aren't truck people at all, and that's why we saw so many of them up for sale when gas prices were high. Different strokes for different folks. ;)

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
FreeLantz said:
There's a lot of things you can't do when you don't own a pickup truck, or at least some kind of truck-based vehicle. Personally, I've come to realize I can't be without a 4x4.

But I want a new Charger R/T......bad.

So when the lease is up on the Dakota, I will either keep it and pay off the difference, and then lease a Charger -- or, I will turn in the Dak and buy a 4x4 truck of some kind for weekend fun while the new Charger is my "daily driver".

Whether or not I get the '00 4x4 Durango I'm trying to buy from an old friend might determine how the rest unfolds. :)

But while I am a truck person and can't imagine living without one, there are many others who bought pickups over the last few years who aren't truck people at all, and that's why we saw so many of them up for sale when gas prices were high. Different strokes for different folks. ;)
tell it like it is :rck:

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...I wonder what kinda answers he's gettin from the Z forums...lol...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was kinda in the same situation. It was either the Hemi or the WRX. Guess which one I picked? If you want to go fast and still need a truck. Buy a motorcycle. That's what I did. A bike is a whole lot more fun than a car. And less expensive.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That is a Very hard decision. I love my truck but i also love my car. If i had to choose i think i would go with my ws6. I never use my truck bed anymore. My cammed ws6 actually gets better gas milage then my ram which dosnt make much sense.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.