DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where my # 5 plug is located?
thanks
john

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
1_ton_mega_cab said:
:IDEA:Well if they want ansers they need to get a profile made so its easier,I dont have the time you have to do much searching,you would think guys who place ads in the classifieds and ask specific questions would make sure all the info like engine sizes,tire sizes,location,vehicle make and so on would post the info.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
slammed1 said:
:IDEA:Well if they want ansers they need to get a profile made so its easier,I dont have the time you have to do much searching,you would think guys who place ads in the classifieds and ask specific questions would make sure all the info like engine sizes,tire sizes,location,vehicle make and so on would post the info.

not surewhere that came from but hey i was not saying anything bad or knocking anybody i was just answering the question for ya man( i think you do great with all the help/advice you hand out on here and for free of charge)

and as far as spare time running 3 business having four kids that go to different private schools ( so no transportation) and building a new house(that i am the general contractor on)i bet i woukd dare to bet i dont have any more then you do

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
I was merely stating that if guys want their posts/threads answered or responded to whether its in the classifieds or any other post they need to fill out their info,I dont have all day to look through guys posts nor should anyone else have to trying to give them the answer they need.

I honestly think there should either be a thread/post clearing time frame like in loading pics to a gallery.........they should be proof read before even being allowed to place an ad in the classifieds and include all necessary info before the thread gets approved to be posted. I think it would actually be more productive for the sellers if these were approved prior to being posted.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
slammed1 said:
I was merely stating that if guys want their posts/threads answered or responded to whether its in the classifieds or any other post they need to fill out their info,I dont have all day to look through guys posts nor should anyone else have to trying to give them the answer they need.

I honestly think there should either be a thread/post clearing time frame like in loading pics to a gallery.........they should be proof read before even being allowed to place an ad in the classifieds and include all necessary info before the thread gets approved to be posted. I think it would actually be more productive for the sellers if these were approved prior to being posted.
Well I agree that everyone should have pertinent information either in their profile or in their post, but to have every post proof read by a Mod/Admin prior to being posted is insane! There isn't enough time in the day to even attempt that!

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
That comment was more directed to classifieds,sorry if it sounded as IF every post/thread was implied,sounds as IF you took it that way.

I know as well as everyone it would never happen and how the mods have their hands full as is.

How about a STICKY in the tops of the classifieds that states the info that needs to be placed in a new thread in the classifieds??? OR a set of ground rules for classifieds posted in the top as a STICKY??

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...point well taken guys. I know I don't post often so maybe that's my downfall. I think it was very slick how 1 ton mega cab thought to do the search (which takes no time at all.) and thanks as well to Slammed1 for the answer. My plugs have now been changed, they were stock with hardly no electrode left (champions). Went back with bosch platinums hoping to get better mpg....nope! still 14.5mpg. I will work on my profile to include what engine etc I've got. I didn't add that because I took it to mean if you had any addons then you put all that you've done, since I've done nothing I didn't see the point. But you guys have kicked that dead horse enough. Profile is now updated.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I got to agree with slammed.

If someone wants specific questions anwered, they have to tell you the information.

I love it when guys ask stuff like "What wire does this or that?" without telling you what year or engine they have.

My other favorite is thread titles like "I need to know" or "What do you think"?

Need to know what or think about what?

I don't even read those.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then why bother replying at all?!! Someone will answer the question or direct us "dummies" in the right direction. If you ask 1_ton_megacab how long it took to find the info, they'll tell you probably no time at all. I've already stated that I didn't realize what info you all needed and now I've redone my profile. Most newbies won't know either. That's why this is called a FORUM. It's where people TALK to each other. But it's guys like you that Lord over people just because you know things that they don't. Instead of being thankful for the knowledge that you possess, you have to demean the newbies for their rookie mistakes. Again, if you don't like stupid questions then why write replies which take up just as much time. Don't read and someone who cares to help us out will.
All hail allmighty kenihemi

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
OK, I'll bite.

Just think before you post.

You want a question answered.

You need to give all the info you can such as engine, year, etc.

If you don't, then we also have to waste posts asking questions about stupid things that should have been said in the first place.

Many of us want to help, but we can't without the information.

You have to remember that you may get many replies to different questions, some of them are just what somebody with the same knowledge as you have. They are just guessing or they think they heard that someplace.

Why did I respond at all?

Because the guys that read that and really want to learn something might understand what I said and get the idea so that their posts are a little more meaningful.

An example, my turn signal doesn't work.

Can you answer that or do you have to ask which one?

My post didn't put down anybody, you took it that way. Instead of taking a jab at me, learn from it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.